━━━━ Three.

╔════════════════════╗

The invitation

╚════════════════════╝

Looking at your reflection in your bathroom's mirror, you noticed the slightly dark tone of the skin under your eyes

Looking at your reflection in your bathroom's mirror, you noticed the slightly dark tone of the skin under your eyes. Saying that you didn't sleep was an understatement.

Arriving home after finishing your afternoon shift the day before at the cafeteria, you couldn't shake that feeling of uneasiness that overwhelmed you; your palms sweating, your breath rigid and your heart beating at a faster pace than normally. Taking a hot shower didn't really help much, as you continued shaking while you tucked yourself in your warm bed sheets. You didn't know why you felt that way, blaming your upcoming period for it.

You remember falling asleep, but just thirty minutes later, you woke up abruptly and covered in a thin layer of sweat. Catching your breath with your hand near your heart, which felt like it was going to jump out of your chest, you tried composing yourself. The moonlight illuminating most of your bedroom. There was a full moon and you found yourself staring intently at it, relaxing at last.

"Fuck", you whispered as you stretched your tense limbs, relaxing them. Stepping out of the comfort of your bed, you made your way to your bathroom while you stripped, the coolness of the night sending chills down your spine. You didn't take too much time in the shower, just the right amount to clean yourself from the sweat. Stepping again into your room, a bit darker than earlier, due to some clouds forming in the sky, you just stared at them while you clutched your towel to your body, the air cooler than earlier. You just put on some random panties and an oversized T-shirt.

Just when you were about to return to the comfort of your bed, you froze in your tracks; every hair of your body standing; goosebumps making your body shake; your heart beating fast and your palms sweating. With shaky and wavering steps, you turned back to your balcony, your breath stuck in your throat as you saw a black car and two figures beside it, at the the other side of the street. Those two figures disappearing into the car and driving away right after. Your feet were still glued to the floor as realization came to you. You were being watched.

There wasn't going to be any sleep that night.

Sighing, you just took the concealer out of your makeup bag and made it work somehow, the bags under your eyes still visible, but not as much. Going to the kitchen to grab something to eat, you realized that you weren't hungry at all, that feeling of uneasiness making your stomach close.

Your phone's alarm made you jump, your heart skipping a beat and your hand clasping your mouth to stifle a scream. You were going to become paranoid at this rate. Turning off the deafening sound that warned you that your shift would be starting soon, you took your stuff and went out of the comfort and security of your house, looking everywhere, being cautious of certain black vehicle.