━━━━ Five.

╔════════════════════╗

Lost Comrade

╚════════════════════╝

Some weeks earlier...

The room was silent, a quiet that was deafening, no one dared to speak as the only sound that could be heard was the monotonous voice of the reporter on the TV. The moment of silence was only broken when their leader spoke up, tone stern, to turn the volume up.

"It's official", the woman inside the screen started, "Kanji Mochizuki, an actual member of Japan's most famous and feared criminal organization: Bonten, has been caught red-handed in the middle of a drug deal with another organization, the members of the latter unfortunately got away, but not before taking the ware and shooting Kanji on the spot. He's now being treated by a medical team in a confidential place and would be transferred afterwards to a high-security prison pending trial, in which he will be accused of all the crimes he has committed." The reporter made a pause in which someone, who suddenly appeared on screen, whispered something that only she could hear, "We have also just been informed that the judge and the pertinent authorities are seriously taking into account applying death penalty to Mr. Kanji. More information coming soon."

The screen turned black as soon as Kakucho shut the TV off. The silence was heavier than earlier, the truth crashing them. They knew it, but they didn't dare to say it aloud, though they all were thinking the same thing: there was no way in hell they could get his friend out of that hell of a situation.

"We have to do some-", started Kokonoi only to be interrupted by the leader himself, "We can't", Mikey said, voice void of any emotion, "but there must be some-", Ran was the one to be interrupted this time, "There isn't", Sanzu's cold voice rang out, everyone keeping then their mouths shut, knowing pretty well he was right. They just hated to admit it.

"What do we do now, Mikey?", Akashi asked, a lit cigar between his lips, "We run away." This time, Sanzu looked at him like he grew out a new set of arms or maybe a new head, which would be more useful in that situation, "Run away, you say?" the pink-haired male only received a glare from the albino to which he kept quiet, "Mikey's right, we have them on top, we need to go unnoticed, the better we can the best, and for that, we have to hide", Kakucho explained as a matter of factly, "We have to run away from Japan, urgently, because now that they've got one, they won't rest until they find the rest of us", he finished.

The atmosphere much more heavier than earlier if possible. They didn't just have to leave a colleague and friend behind to die, but they also had to run away from the country, for their security's sake, at least until they solved things.

There was no way they could stay in Japan anymore, for the time being.

There was no way they could stay at home.

"I'll see what I can find so we can move as soon as possible", Kakucho informed standing from the chair he was sitting on, Mikey stopping him on his tracks, "search for somewhere discreet, somewhere no one would ever stop to look for us at."

. . .

A short one this time, just to start giving form to the plot.

Thank you guys for reading!

🤍