════ Four.

╔════════════════════╗
Home
╚════════════════════

╔════════════════════╗❝Home❞╚════════════════════╝

April 30th.

You woke up that morning thinking thoroughly about the decisions you have taken in your life, the decisions that took you to the place you were currently in, physically and emotionally.

It was Sasha's birthday.

The realization hit you like a freezing bucket of water.

What have you done?

What did you become?

Who were you?

How could you let everything happen so easily?

Why?

You let your old life behind and now you couldn't even look back. Who were you to look back to a life you so effortlesly abandoned?; to those you were leaving behind?

You always said it: you didn't have much, but you didn't need anything else.

You had your parent's memory.

A good job.

A place to call home.

And Sasha.

You had so much, yet you felt the insane need to leave it behind and burn it all to ashes till it became the fog of a memory in the back of your mind.

All for what?

A life of crime?

8 men?

"I don't regret meeting you".

You almost didn't recognize his voice anymore. You didn't know why, but Mochi's words echoed through your head and left a mark.

Did you regret your choices?

Maybe.

But it was too late now.

Did you miss your old life?

Yes.

But it was too late now.

Would you have missed them?

Probably.

You made your choice.

And there was no turning back now.

Walking towards the apartment's living room, you smelled the nicotine from the entrance, already knowing who it was coming from.

"Can I get a disposable phone?" You thought about beating around the bush for a bit, but it would have been useless, "and what for?" Akashi didn't look up from the laptop's screen and continued typing something on the keyboard; a lit cigar between his lips. "I want to say Happy Birthday to Sasha".