════ Twelve.

╔════════════════════╗
Happiest Girl
╚════════════════════╝
"'Cause tonight I'll be the happiest girl in the world".

╔════════════════════╗❝Happiest Girl❞╚════════════════════╝"'Cause tonight I'll be the happiest girl in the world"

When you woke up that day, Sanzu was nowhere to be seen. You supposed he was sent on a mission since everyone was always busy in there as it was already evening; you didn't know how exactly you had slept that much, but you did.

You sat on the mattress, wrapped in the warm soft sheets, with a sour taste in your mouth. You knew what was coming, it was inevitable. And the right thing to do.

But was the right thing to do always the right choice?

"Good morning" Kakucho's voice took you out from your thoughts and you looked up with a tired smile. "Sanzu asked me to tell you that he was going on a mission. He didn't want to wake you up".

"That's nice of him" you softly said.

"Are you okay? You look... lost".

He wasn't wrong. It was like you were walking through a thick haze, letting yourself be carried away by some sort of magnetic force.

"I'm fine, Kaku, thanks for worrying".

Setting the sheets aside, you got out of bed and started padding towards the door, pausing before the blue-haired man. You didn't pay too much of a thought when you wrapped your arms around his neck, taking him completely by surprise at the sudden warmth of your gesture.

But he didn't say anything, he just let you melt onto his arms while he held you tight, with such tendersness that had your mind spiralling even more.

Everything felt like a dream.

Like you weren't actually there.

Like you were watching everything from a small screen.

It was unreal. But was it ever real?

"Ran is waiting for you in the kitchen" He said against your head before planting a kiss against the line of your hair.

You smiled up at him and walked out of Sanzu's bedroom.

On your way to the kitchen, you spotted Akashi sneaking out of Rindou's room.

"Is there something I should know?" You asked with the hint of a joke.

He paused like he was caught stealing and looked at you with a pale face.

"You scared the shit out of me" You raised a brow and put your hands on your hips while you looked at him inquisitevely, then he looked at you, back to the door, back at you and back to the door again to then start rambling on.

"He's not inside! I mean, I wasn't doing anything suspicious it's just-".

"Oh my God! Are you two-".

"No, God, no! It's his birthday!"

"Oh".

Oh.

Shit.

"Yeah. I was just sneaking his presents in".

"Why the hell wasn't I informed?!"

I forgot.

"Don't worry, we'll say it is from everyone".

You facepalmed. Literally.

"Or you can buy him something other day, Koko forgot about it too and said he'd buy him something".

"I guess that's what I'll do" You almost took a mental note to buy Rindou a gift when you came to the conclussion that maybe you wouldn't see him again; not in good circumstances.

You walked with him to the living room and found Koko laying on the sofa while you heard incoherent noises coming from the kitchen.

"I wouldn't go in there if I were you" he warned before you walked away and stepped inside what was supposed to be the kitchen.

He wasn't wrong. Everything was a mess: from the strange sticky-looking stains on the ceiling to the flour on the floor. The counters were packed with every different type of food and the freezer was open wide, making the temperature in the room drop a few degrees. Turns out they had been playing kitchens. Again.

"Guys, did you think of ordering a birthday cake?" You asked no one in particular.

Ran and Mikey looked up from the bowls on their hands while both of them pointed at you with spatulas, "it's not the same!" Raising both hands, you slowly backed away.

"There's no way I'm stepping into that mess" you said while walking towards the sofa.

"Told ya".

It was just  five minutes later, that Rindou made his appearence holding a huge cake in his arms while Sanzu carried some pizzas.

"We brought the food!" Screamed the pink-haired one with his usual cheerful tone, "and the cake" continued the young Haitani.

Koko and Akashi looked at each other and you stiffed a laugh with the back of your hand just before you could hear something falling to the gorund in the kitchen with a metallic sound.

And after that, a few hurried footsteps.

"It's not the same!" Screamed Mikey and Ran at the same time emerging from the kitchen with food stains covering their clothes, hair and faces.

There was a couple of seconds of pure silence before everyone erupted in pure, heartfelt laughter. Mikey and Ran looked at each other and took their aprons off, throwing it to the kitchen's floor without a single care.

It was a beautiful moment; a moment that you took the time to capture in your mind; a moment that you would save up for the rest of your life, however long that was.

Akashi's cigarette falling from his open mouth while he covered his eyes with his palm; Koko drying his tears with the back of his hand; Sanzu laughing his ass out pointing at Ran and Mikey, one at a time; Rindou looking purely confused with a pink blush on his cheeks and a soft smile; Ran with a fake pout and crossed arms and lastly Mikey, he was looking at you with a big smile on his face.

It looked like he was silently thanking you, but in reality, you didn't do anything.

But everyone thought the same thing:

You had changed their lifes forever.

...

Sorry for the delay everyone! I haven't disappeared, in my absence I made sure I pondered every single option for the most suitable ending to this story, which sadly or fortunately is closer each day

Sorry for the delay everyone! I haven't disappeared, in my absence I made sure I pondered every single option for the most suitable ending to this story, which sadly or fortunately is closer each day. I'm not going to say goodbye yet as this is not over, but I just wanted you to know that I'm very grateful for each and everyone of you who is reading this. You make this posible.

Xx.