════ Final.

╔════════════════════╗
Already Gone
╚════════════════════╝

When Mikey closed his bedroom door behind him, he stayed there resting his back against the hard surface, watching as you silently made your way towards de big windows that acted like a whole wall; the night lights painting your frame a hue of dif...

When Mikey closed his bedroom door behind him, he stayed there resting his back against the hard surface, watching as you silently made your way towards de big windows that acted like a whole wall; the night lights painting your frame a hue of different colours.

"Did you have fun?" he asked, sitting on the mattress.

You just nodded your head, watching Mikey's reflection on the window. "Though I still feel bad about the fact that I didn't gift him anything" you said it with the hint of a joke, making him huff out a laugh.

"You look happy" you pointed out, turning around, "I love seeing you smile".

It was something that surprised both of you, he didn't show it, though. But his heart skipped a few beats.

It was frightening the ease with what those words were voiced. They slipped. And it hurt.

It hurt knowing that it was true.

It hurt knowing that you loved more than just his smile.

It hurt that you were the only person that brought something back that he considered long lost.

Through you, he found a piece of himself that he though was lost.

And it hurt like hell.

Because you realized too late.

"You look sad" he wanted to say.

Yet he refrained from it.

He motioned you to come closer and so you did. You looked at him from your standing position, stepping between his spread legs.

He first kissed your hip.

Then your waist.

Your tummy.

Until he made you sit on top of him, straddling him.

And he finally kissed your lips.

It took every ounce of willpower in your body to not start crying right then and there, while his lips still caressed yours with such tenderness that had your heart sinking with each hard beat.

"I love you".

It was so unexpected, yet not at all, that your brain stopped working for a moment, your body tense against his, your lips partly open close to his and your eyes...

Your eyes dull.

He didn't know why he said it. But he felt the need to do so as if there was something telling him that it was now or never. Like he wouldn't have any other opportunity.

Life taught him that he shouldn't take anything for granted, so he just said it.

There was not a hint of remorse in his heart. He wanted to say it and he did it.