Chapter 1~Total badluck

*Jessica's POV *

I woke up panting and sweating, like a wet dog. I sat up, as I felt a damp towel fall from my forehead.

"What is wrong with me," I said in a low tone, not wanting to wake granny on my right side who must have fallen asleep as she took care of me throughout the night, well not until some seconds ago.

How are you feeling? Does it hurt anywhere? " Granny asked in a soft tone. Sitting up.

"I'm fine. Just one of those silly nightmares." I said with a scoff, trying as much as possible not to get her worried.

"Your body was boiling. I'm sorry you had to face that when you were that young. Now you still have nightmares about that boy and the big spider. Now you hate spiders with all your might." Granny said in a sad tone.

The truth is, I can't remember anything. Only a few pictures, tend to play out as nightmares when I'm stressed. And they say I have a good memory, why can't I remember his face? Or how I got there.

"I wonder how he is doing. I wonder if he also had nightmares. I wonder if I will meet him someday." I said in a mere whisper.

"What?" Granny said.

"Nothing. I was just nagging about how you care about me, much more than yourselves. You are sick and you shouldn't stress yourself. Just rest. I can take care of myself. " I said patting her shoulder.

"You can't take care of yourself. You are yet to have a decent job." Granny said with a frown.

"I do. I dance. I dance for rich men." I said bravely.

Yes, I was a dancer. I learned all types of dance. I went to a part-time dancing school. If the real course I studied in college and got good grades in, couldn't help me earn enough money, then I moved to the other one and earned a lot of money.

"Don't be like your mother. Get a decent job in one of those huge companies in LA. Where you can put your degree to work and stop wasting your brain ." Granny said with a frown.

I can't make her angry, I shouldn't.

"Yes, Granny. I will get one, pretty soon. If luck is on my side, I will get one today. I have an interview this morning with a company Lily sent my credentials to. But if I don't get in, I must earn money, so I can get you the therapy and you can get well. Okay?"

I didn't believe I was going to get this job, I just didn't want to waste my effort of lily. My good luck charm died along with my mom. Once I was given birth, my mom died, and when I was three my dad ran away. I lost my good luck when my father ran away and left money for Granny to take care of me.

Granny told me, they were never married. Mom was a club dancer and got charmed by a rich man, my dad. And they hooked up and produced me. A total bad luck.

"Snap out of it and get dressed," Granny said.

"Yes, ma'am," I said as I rolled off the bed and got things ready for my bath.

* * * * *

"Here we go. Drop us right in front." Lily ordered the driver.

I got down and paid for the fees. I looked at the huge building and I knew this was just too good to be true.

"Lily, you said it was a smaller company." I nagged at my best friend for lying to me.

"Yes, it is, compared to Vencendore enterprise," Lily said. That sly bitch.

"Nothing to lose, just give it a try. Besides I promised Granny. I don't want the wrath of that old lady." Lily said with pleading eyes.

"Fine..let's go." I let out a sigh.

I looked up the building to the name of the company. DEXUODE ENTERPRISE.

(AT THE INTERVIEWING HALL)

"Number 102~miss Damien. You can enter." The administrator said. I jumped to my feet, literally. All eyes were on me, I felt like a freak. I shook off their gaze and walked straight inside the cold room.

I felt a shiver down my spine as I locked eyes with the board of directors. They looked pretty old and very fierce. Did I forget, too serious looking?
I sat in the middle of the other four people at my side.

"Name? And other vitals, introduce yourself." One of the female board of directors beamed. She was the only one bright.

"Good day to you all, my name is Jessica Damien. Graduated from Havard where I studied international relations. " I said waiting for the next question.

'You are pretty smart." Another board of directors said, smirking at my result which was all A's, I was a first-class student. What can I say, I have a pretty good brain.

"Prove you got it all. Tell me about you in French." He smirked and I returned the smirk. I learned this in just the last hour. I might just get this job.

"Bonjour, madam, sir. Je m'appelle Jessica Damien..." I stopped because my phone rang.
Shit, I forgot to put it in silence.

"Pick the call, you seem worried."

"Thank you."
I shifted nervously and finally picked up the call.

"Hello." That was all I said and the news came crashing. My world was now upside down.

"Miss Jessica Damien just finish the task and you get the job."

The truth was I couldn't. I was in jeopardy, and all I could think of was Granny, so I dashed out to the hospital.

* * * * *

"Is she okay now?" Lily asked. She was always there when I needed her. If not physically, through the phone.

"Yes, she fainted again. But this time was really bad, on the road, while crossing.
What if she got hit, she could have died. Thank goodness someone recognized her." I said in relief.

"Who?" Lily asked desperately.

"The psychiatrist down the alley, leading to my street. I go there a few times for sleeping pills for Granny. What is this name again?..." I said to myself, trying to remember.

"Dr, Johnson...he is a total hero." Lily beamed. She had a crush on him.

"Bye." I cut the call.

I looked out the window and I saw an emergency truck, highlighting a bleeding woman from the truck, rushing her down to the hospital. My heart skipped a beat as I saw so much blood gushing out of her.