Chapter 11~The trail begins

*Jessica's POV*

....and here I was, still frozen to the grounds of this cold office. My breathing hitched and I just stared back into the orbs of the man I dreaded the most.

Let me recap a little.

She was about to reply when a loud bang was heard from the door hitting the wall. We both shook our chairs and looked up at the intruder.

"Grandson...must you always be dramatic about your entrance?" She said.

"Grandson?" I repeated and finally looked up at the figure who was approaching us.

"Yes." A cold answer.

"Xavier, met Jessica Damien, your new secretary."

My eyes met his pair of emerald green and immediately my heart skipped a beat.

"Mr cold?" I exclaimed.
"Silver hair?" He breathed out, in his usual calm and cool tone.

How does he manage to keep that tone even in this shocking situation?

This was getting annoying.
Why was he here?
Why does he have to be the grandson
Come on...he is my BOSS.
Why?!¿

Mrs Deino just looked at me and shifted her gaze to him, she repeated this almost ten times until her lips shifted into a smirk.

"You know each other?" This wasn't a question she was making a statement.

I was just looking with a blank expression, I refused to be the first to break the eye contact. He was trying to scare me with his intense gaze as usual, but that wasn't going to work this time.

He finally pulled his eyes away and entered the office properly, closing the door softly behind him. His long confident strides fit his personality.

Arrogant.

He stopped in front of his grandma. No greetings, straight to work.

"Granny, you didn't tell me about this-" He said as he eyed me from head to toe with his disgusting judgemental eyes.

Mrs Deino smacked his arms. I was shocked. He didn't seem affected and forced an 'Ouch'

"You don't have to lie to your granny, I know you didn't feel it. You have gotten better with your expression and rapid reactions...now how dare you! Where is my greeting first." She said about to pull his ears, but he just dodged and bowed a little before mumbling. "Good evening, Granny. My apologies."

"That's my boy." She said as she side-hugged him, he stiffened, then relaxed after quickly moving away.

Strange soul. Who does that to your elder, much more granny?

"Now...why is she here?" His gaze as cold as ever landed back at me. I couldn't help but shift uncomfortably.

I hate him.

"She was helping me pick an outfit for our launching program. The stylist you brought was insufficient and I must say I was disappointed in your taste." His gaze worsened as he listened to her words locking eyes with her.