Chapter 28~ Pain and Comfort

LILY’S POV

I felt a gentle consistent tap on my arm and I finally gave in with annoyance and opened up my eyes to start at those amber orbs I was desperately in love with. Oliver have never looked this handsome, and the secret was his tired hooded eyes. He had dark circles faded a little, it was still obvious he has been losing a lot of sleep. There was a patient he was doing a lot of researches on and barely includes me at all. He hands over the other patients especially kids and young girls going through depression to me.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked pulling my hair out of my lips. I was eating my hair again as usual in my sleep. It was a bad habit that I do subconsciously in my sleep, especially when I am uncomfortable and stressed.

How badly I want you to kiss me.

Bad lily! Bad thoughts.

“It is pretty cute and disgusting how you eat your hair…until you probably choke and die in your sleep.” He said with a weak smile. He was scaring me and he knew that his words will ring in my head and I will stop the bad habit. He knew I hated when he used reversed psychology on me.

Oliver chuckled at the look on my face and I was glad I lightened his mood a little. I was turning red again blushing. I needed this because deep down I was numb, emotionally and physically too. I fell asleep on the reception couch and it was quite uncomfortable. I tried moving a little and I could barely feel my legs.

I stood up and tried to move, when my legs suddenly gave out. I braced for impact preparing to hit the hard marble tiles. I felt a pair of arms wrapped around my waist supporting me and my weak legs. I immediately realized olive caught me, and as if I cheeks weren’t red enough, they burned brighter. I looked up and his face was mere inches away. He was so beautiful from up close. Yes, he was a beautiful man. I moved my gaze away from his eyes as fast as possible before he could catch how much I craved his lips. I quickly tried getting out of his grip, but he just let me stand straight and his hands were still in their former position.

“Relax, I don’t bite. Your blood is still circulating.” He said in his usual deep voice, but it sounded smoother from up close. I was scared he could hear my heart beating so fast…at least it will help blood pump better.

“Do you feel your legs now?” He asked as he slowly moved his arms off my waist, cautions enough to ensure I could stand well. “Fish brain.” He scoffed under his breath.

I didn’t even have to strength to me sassy, I just bit my lips and picked up my hand bag and started walking away. Oliver and I have become really close and I have been playing it cool and it was almost impossible for him to catch on that I had a huge crush on him. I felt he knew but just ignored, I mean he studied humans for seven years and he is still at it. Only a very ignorant man will not know a girl was in love with him, but a saying says, the little things misses the eyes.

Oliver tried me like a little child, his baby sister and it was cute and annoying at the same time, I wanted more, he didn’t see that. And here I was falling deeper for the little things he did for me. Like getting ice cream whenever I did a good job and was exhausted. How he reminds me to bring an umbrella when he saw the weather chat and it was going to rain. How he stayed in the office until there was no lightening or thunder and walking me home as he claims he will lose customers if his nurse was also crazy and crying for mere thunder bolts. His constant patting of my hair and tugging then behind my ear. He was obsessed with my hair and I cannot count how many times he has watched me pack my hair in a low bun and how excited his eyes grew when I was done with work and I was going to let it down.

Oliver was obviously a player and he has told me times without number never to fall for him, and I was trying my possible best. He wasn’t the committed type and it looked like he had the attachment issues and didn’t want to get close to anyone at all. Sometimes we were really close, other times he pushed me away and avoided me the whole day, locking himself in the office.