Chapter 20~You are FIRED!

The room was dark. The sun's rays struggled to penetrate through the broken roof sheets. The building was old and smelt musty.

Day 8.
I was feeling suffocated. I hated it here so much. Why was I even kidnapped? Why did I have to drag this little girl with me? What evil did Grandpa do that I was paying for? He couldn't pay the highest investigators to find me? Did he hate me and my presence so much? Why did Mommy leave me in the first place? Mommy didn't love me.

I was shaking in fear and I could not hold in the tears any longer, I could only act like the elderly one so that the little girl would not get scared. I was scared and needed the love of an elderly one.
Tears ran down my eyes freely as I hugged my legs tightly and rocked myself to comfort.

I was smelling, my hair was dirty and sticky, and my uniform was all worn out and smelly. I missed bath time. I promise not to make things hard for the nanny again. I missed nanny hugs... then I felt it.

Small arms wrapping themselves around me.
"Hey caramel, don't cry. I will cry too." She said in her tiny voice, her words stumbling on each other, due to her fallen teeth, she was just six.

I smiled at the nickname. She called me that because of the candy I give her daily. A sweet caramel candy. It made her smile so much, and I loved her smile so much.

I looked up at her and she hugged me again. Falling into my lap. I hugged her back and cried hard on her shoulders. Her strawberry scent still managed to stick to her body even after all we had been through. I combed my hands through her blonde hair, before pulling away.

I looked deep into her ocean-blue eyes and lowered my gaze to her lips, which spread across in a smile. Her cheeks were red roses and her button nose flushed red. "I'm sorry. It is my fault you are here." She just nodded and started playing with my hair, just like how the nanny used to do. That brought peace to me.

"I will get you out of here. I promise. "
"Okay, caramel." She smiled harder. I couldn't resist the urge to peck her on the cheek. So I leaned in towards her, held her face firmly, and kissed her soft cheeks. Just as I have seen on TV. She stopped smiling.

"Yuck. What does that mean." She said as she stumbled away. I laughed harder.

"My grandpa and grandma used to do it," I said shyly as I blushed.

"Does that mean we are mommy and daddy now?" I blushed happily. "Do it again, over here this time." She smiled harder pointing at her other cheek.

I leaned in and patted her head. "When we grow up, I get to kiss you here," I said pointing at her lips.

"Hurry. I will grow to be a big beautiful woman, then you can do that to me." She smiled and started playing with my hair again.

I had a crush on her.

I shook on the bed and stood up absurdly. Panting hard as sweat dripped down my face.
"Sir..." I heard someone say and then hugged me.

Jessica?

I was angry, more than furious and I pushed her away from me. She stumbled back and fell to the ground. She had this look on her face that I couldn't interpret. And I didn't even try to do so.

I looked around to ask where I was. I saw myself in the hospital on a hospital bed with wires connected to my body. I looked back at Jessica and saw her struggling to get up.