Chapter 26~ "Don't leave me."

*Jessica's POV*

I shivered under his touch, as he embraced me tightly, causing me to fall into the bed. I tried not to add weight to his body which I assumed was sore. His massive arms wrapped around my waist and his cologne invaded my nostrils without warning. I almost melted into his arms, but I couldn't. I was hurting him and I didn't want his to pass out again due to too many emotions flooding his brain at the same time.

I pulled away absurdly and stumbled backwards.
"You shouldn't be touching me. You should avoid that at all caused." I said trying as much as possible to sound stern.

Mr. Xavier Deino just looked me deep in the eyes and kept the stare. Those emerald green eyes were piercing into my soul. They were saying a thousand word that he wouldn't dare say. The look was getting too intense and I could feel a blush on my cheeks.

"I should leave." I said as I forced my legs forward.
"You leave when I tell you to. I am your boss" Xavier said with his usual cold husky tone.
I turned around slowly and looked at his busying himself with work again. He just acted like he didn't just hug me, or we didn't just make out in his office this morning. Why was he like this! Giving me mixed signals!
Don't be a fool to fall for him.

"Ex- boss. You aren't my boss anymore. You fired me." I stated angrily. Who does he think he is?
"You are rehired." He said as he dropped his phone and folded his arms and kept that stern stare. He was trying to intimidate me. I knew better that to coward away.
"I quit." I said to his face, challenging him back.
"Jessica Damien. You know better that to argue with me. What I say stands." Xavier said as he picked up his phone to make a call.
I just stood there staring into the space. I was deep in thoughts. I didn't know what to say or do or how to get out of this mess. I was stuck with Xavier and he wasn't even thinking of letting me go. If he kept on with this sudden touch and hugs, I wasn't that strong to not fall for him. And that was so wrong. Too wrong. We could never make it. He wasn't able to even fall in love, or feel any emotions, he was just doing this to know how it might feel. He was pushing himself too much. He didn't even like touching me. I was just a filthy smart ass.

My train of thoughts were distorted by the sudden sound of the door being opened. I raised my head to look towards the direction of the door, and I saw a young red head lady holding a file. She walked towards the bed and ignored my whole existence and looked straight at Xavier. She greeted softly bowing her head slightly, with a slight smile on her face. He had a new replacement already? Why did he still need me to work for me?

Priscilla. The file." Was all Xavier said as he took it out of her outstretched hands and quickly went through the file to check if it was the right one, and if it was complete. Xavier loved perfection and didn't trust anyone with his paper works.

"Good. You can go." Xavier said as he kept scanning the document. He didn't even look at her once, and she looked disappointed. Women never change.

"Sign this." Xavier said handing me over the document. I looked at his sternly. What was he planning?
I stretched my hands and grabbed the document. He handed me over a pen and I looked at where to sign, and almost did, until I realized I didn't even go through what I was about to sign. If can be a life time working for his deal, I will be damned if I ever make that mistake.

CONTRACT FOR PERSONAL ASSISTANT.

I quickly opened the file and looked at the number 1 item on the contract.
Miss Jessica Damien will work for Mr. Xavier Deino as his personal assistant for one year.

"No. I am not signing this." I said closing the file as soon as I reached the second page.
"why?"
"Because I hate you and cannot stand you. Much more live in the same house with you and be by . I would die." I said almost tearing up.
Xavier didn't even react. I almost forgot he couldn't.
"why me? Why only me? There are a thousand and one women that will beg for this work. Please find someone else." I continued.