Chapter 9~Secrets

*Jessica's POV *

I walked out of her chilled office, and presently my legs felt weak and wobbly, after all I had heard. The secrets of the rich no one could imagine. And I had to put my ears down to listen and had to swear an oath of secrecy and even sign it. I can't tell all I have heard to anyone.

I wonder how just a one-time meeting could make you read the person so ineptly and be sure that the person is good and caring and capable of loving. I am, but still...

Just because I helped her, doesn't mean I can help her son. Correction, grandson.

According to what she told me, he was sassy, rude, indifferent, and didn't understand any sort of emotions and now she wants me to teach him emotions and cure him. Is that even possible in any way...most definitely NOT.

But I couldn't say all this. Money stopped me from doing just that. I needed a whole lot of money for Granny, so I jumped into a life assignment. I was fully sure I was never going to be able to complete it. He had a psychiatrist already to cure him, so I was just going to fold my hands and do nothing. Works for me.

* * * *

I was in an examination hall, all alone, writing a computer based test. Me entering the job, officially depends on this. I thought I got the job already, but unfortunately, her grandson likes working with smart asses and detests getting a job by connections. That's if he knows what it means to detest a thing. Such sad life he is living.

Deep down, I felt pity for him, at the same time I felt he was lucky. If I had this disorder for I week, I will be glad. But definitely not forever. I was drawn to him, I wanted to meet this lucky, yet unfortunate man. My boss. My boss was psycho.

I finally clicked and answered the last question. I was finally done. Thanks gracious. I was scared to submit, but I closed my eyes and did.

My eyes were still shot tightly, as I heard footsteps approaching my desk. And followed by a loud gasp. I flushed my eyes opened immediately, and looked behind me and the invigilator, whose eyes were almost popping out from its sockets.

She pointed at the screen with her mouth wide opened. I looked at the screen and I jumped up for joy. She could finally use her words.

"How did you get only one question wrong, out of hundred questions??" She asked as she rearranged her glassing on her pointed nose.
"Ninety nine percent. Hurray. " I shouted jumping up and down.

"You broke a record, the highest point before you was eighty percent and only two people were even able to reach that. Those were the toughest questions ever. Questions by the boss himself on the histories of the company. How did you know them all?" She asked.

"I did my research from the Web. All the histories about the company, all the branches, yearly income, products, production analysis, background check on all of the board of directors and some significant dates. It was pretty easy." I answered.

"Smart you. I guess you will surely get the job, you are the highest among the trial secretaries." She said with a wide smile.

She rushed back to her desk and picked up her telephone to place a call.

"Madam, she is done with the test. She passed excellently, gaining ninety-nine percent. " She said and soon cut the call after a few yes and no's.

"Okay, the chairman asked me to bring you to her office. " she said. By the way she had easy access to the chairman, I was guessing she was her secretary.

I followed swiftly behind her. Her legs were small, yer her pace was incredibly fast. I had to walk at my fastest to maintain pace with her. I guess all secretaries walked real fast. " welcome née life." I mentally chirped.