Chapter 8~His name is...?

*Writer's POV*

The place was dark again. Their captor kept them in darkness again. The Little girl shifted closer to him and wrapped her tiny hands around his bigger frame. All that was heard in this void, dark, damp room, was her quiet sobs.

"I'm scared..." she whispered.

"It's okay. It's going to be okay. I'm here, right?" He said as he soothingly patted her head.

The door flung open, hitting the wall with a loud bang. Their hearts raced against their chest. She was back.

"Shut up!" She screamed. Their eyes raised to meet hers. She looked psycho. She was psycho.

From her bushy brown hair to her tattered clothes, down to her bare feet. Her steps weren't balanced, so not coordinated.

She walked towards the children, who had managed to curl themselves up into the tiniest ball they could.

"Don't you want to play with me? Come here, princess." She said, calling out to them in a very pronounced pretentious tone. They had managed to fall for it twice, this time they deferred. Yet, the little girl managed to fall for it again.

The little girl loosened her grip around him. For once she, the captor was acting kind and soft towards her. On other days she will often shout at them and he, her only protector, collects the strokes of Cain and all the beatings for her. And still managed to feed her.

"Are you going to hurt him?" The little girl asked as she wiped away her tears in hope.

"I will never, but his grandfather took my little love from me and so will I ." The captor said as she let out a scary laugh. She was back to her crazy again.

Sometimes she would act motherly and feed and pet them, but most times, she hated him. Abhorred him. And they never knew why. They were kids, kids don't reason so far, do they?

"Come here." He said in a commanding tone to the little girl, who was still bewitched by her sudden kindness.

"Don't you dare hurt her!" He said in a more authoritative tone.

"You sound like your grandfather. You both just say our commands not thinking about how the person at the negative end will feel." She shouted back and they both flinched in fear.

"You are scared? Come here!" Their captor said. The now shivering girl stood frozen to the ground.

She managed to get her legs moving. She moved backward, running back to his wide-opened arms. Before she could reach it, their captor yanked her.

She struggled for her freedom, but it never came...not until the toy sang.

The soothing tone, the imagination of her child in her hands. It calmed her.

"My baby is calling me." The captor said as she pushed her towards him and stumbled off to the sound of her baby.

The little girl's head hit the wall and a loud cry soon filled the room.
"Shh...she will come back if you cry." He said in a scared tone as he tried soothing the little girl.

Caramel. She had a sweet tooth, he remembered. He reached out to his backpack and grabbed his caramel chocolate candy. His favorite. Never had he imagined sharing this. His favorite snack. But he had to, he hated it when she cried.

"Here you go... have candy." He said showing her the candy. The cry soon stopped and her face lit up with a bright smile, showcasing her broken tooth. She was barely six, the teeth-changing age.

She chewed gently and licked every piece off the wrapper, not wanting to leave and piece behind.

"More!" She demanded with a bright smile.
"No." He answered coldly.
"Why?" She asked with a frown.
"Only one per day." He answered, remembering the risk he had to face before stealing a whole pack behind his nanny's back.