Chapter 12~ The Launching

*Xavier's POV*

Her scent finally left me, but it still hung around the office, which I was glad for. The scent was lovely, and intoxicating, just to my taste.

NO!

She was not going to be a distraction and I didn't like how I was reacting to her at all. I will ensure she stays far away from me before a tragedy repeats itself. I will make her leave this place...in less than a week, a month at most. I was determined.

Jessica.

I couldn't help but repeat her name.

I moved out of the office and ordered my granny's secretary to lock up. I wanted to doubt that Jessica was that smart, but indeed she was. I asked Mrs. Adams and she confirmed her score was 99% and the question she failed was my name, how dumb is she? She managed to search out all the names of the directors, product launching dates, and stock, but she failed my name. She was crazy, and I refuse for her to make me crazy.

After a short drive, I finally got home, parked my car in the garage, and walked into the arms of my dog.

Alexander.

He barked and wagged his tail, jumping on me. I introduce to you, my first love. This was the only thing I cared about. I quickly moved away to the kitchen to get his cookies and fed him, directly from my hands.

I didn't like physical contact, but he was accepted and I preferred his spit to that of a human. I loved Alexander...and Bae, my car. Those two I loved and their arms I loved to be in.

What about her, Jessica?

My brain was testing me again, mocking me. I couldn't lie, she was the closest I have been to any woman, anyone actually since I was 10.

I enjoyed her scent, her warm-

No! Bad idea Xavier.

I shook her thoughts away as fast as they came. She screamed bad luck.

I finally brought myself to stop patting Alexander's head and stood up. I could hear his tempting whimper, begging me to come back and touch him some more, after all, it has been weeks, and I have been too busy with DOS+1.  I'm glad I was finally launching it to the outside world to appreciate.

I showered and got dressed in a grey tuxedo. I was adding my finishing touches to my hair and wearing my wristwatch when my phone beeped with a message.

How did it go?

I read out Oliver's text. I knew he was talking about silver hair. I quickly called him to update him about her.
After two rings, he picked.

"It's about time. Now tell me all about it." He laughs and I could almost imagine his usual wide smile.

"Jessica is my trail secretary." I blurted out.

"What? How come." He shouted and I swore at him for almost busting my sensitive eardrums.

"My granny, she employed her. I'm shocked how they even met each other, no one knew I was looking for a secretary, at least Mrs. James hasn't sent the message to the media yet."

"How do you feel." That question is for me thinking.

"Indifferent. I never care, have you forgotten? So much for my doctor." I mocked.

"Arrogant should be your middle name...I guess you guys are really pulling each other, fate is working hard on you guys' case."

"I don't like that one but. I will make sure I send her away. I will ensure she does something stupid and my granny will have to yield to my demands and send her away.." I said.