Chapter 24~Entangled

I was constantly switching on and off my phone, for two reasons. One, I was anticipating the end of this meeting with Mr. Ferrari. Two, I didn't want to miss a call or message on any update about Mr. Deino.

I was still confused about the call I had with Mr. Deino's doctor. How was I entangled in all this? Things happened so quickly. Mr. Deino fainted and I was able to rush him to the hospital with the help of Antonio. I was glad he came back right after the call with the doctor. The doctor said he would inform Mrs. Deino and I would not be in any trouble. In about five minutes while Antonio was still trying to contact the ambulance, She busted into the office and was panicking too. I stood there in shame and she came to hug me and whispered something into my ears that had been burdening me.

"Agree to whatever he needs and please help him. Remember our contract, I am trusting you with my grandson's life."

I didn't even know when things got this complicated. I should be home crying about how sad my life is or hanging out with granny, she had been oddly quiet. My life was peaceful and sad, not until I met HIM. I got fired last week and here I was in a meeting with a client as a secretary of DEINO company. I wasn't even working there anymore. I was glad I was doing this for the last time, I didn't want to lose my job, I loved this job, just not my boss... my heart was telling me otherwise, but I refused to listen.

Thirty more minutes and I was out of here. Things have been going smoothly. I have been ignoring all his awful remarks and I have been a good listener to all his boring life stories and how rich he was, he even mentioned something about how his goldfish died and he cried. I was used to this, everyone opened up to me, and it was shocking because as I did was asked lame questions and nodded in agreement.

Mr. Ferrari MCclaire is the CEO of MCCLAIRE Enterprises. He was in the oil business which made a lot of profit. He has stock in every company in New York and even outside the country. Mr. Ferrari buys stock like he is buying groceries weekly. Meaning he had a share in every booming company in America. It was crazy how greedy he was and how much money he still wanted to acquire at age 73. He refused to step down for his son to take over. I wonder why he wants dead yet. If Mr. Ferrari wanted to close down any company and sell it off, he could, he holds that much power.

It didn't sit well with me that Mr. Deino was shaking hands with the devil. For some reason, he wasn't interested in DEINO ENTERPRISE. I was guessing he had an old beef with the Deino family. Just like how MCCLAIRE had his hand in every company in New York, DEINO had his hand in every business and Mr.Deino was about to launch another branch which was something they had never tried before a perfume branch and Xavier needed Mr. Ferrari to buy his stock so he can invest in the business. And here I was convincing him.

"Deino, that sly old man is not someone to be trusted. I hope Xavier knows what he is doing. Xavier shouldn't let that sly man steal DEINO from him, the DEINO he built.  I am agreeing to this because I am rooting for that small boy that grew so well, I didn't expect him to be this smart and hardworking. This is a good deal and I like you, Miss. Jessica. You are way better than the last Secretary. Linda was great, but there is something about you I like. And don't let Xavier push you away with his bad character, he is a good boy. I know it." Mr. Ferrari said.

I was shocked to my bones. Mr. Ferrari is a rumored bad-mouthed man and no good comes out of his mouth. For the past one hour, he showed me that. I was glad he knew Xavier in a good light. I rarely hear any of the clients complimenting him, if anything he is such a 'hard work jerk'.

Everyone said I should be careful around Xavier, but for once I was told to stick to him no matter what. I was happy I convinced him to sign the document and he was ready to invest billions and told me Xavier would handle the transaction himself. I didn't even want to. I refuse to enter into any financial trouble. My body organs will not even reach half of the amount.