Chapter 17~Perfect is an understatement

*Jessica's POV*

I was nervous, more than nervous. Ever since I woke up this morning. I couldn't sleep a wink last night. As soon as Granny left, I went back to reading and reciting my presentation on DOS+1. Mrs James gave me all the files and the incomplete work of secretary Linda to finish up. She was supposed to be the one to present it today and instead, my boss just had to punish me.

I was staring at the image in my mirror. I was wearing black suit trousers, a black turtleneck as an inner and on top I was wearing a white wool vest. I was dressing like it was winter when it was just summer. I knew I had to cover up well, apart from hiding my figure, I was sure I was going to shiver while standing, not only the harsh cold gaze of Mr.Deino and the other board of directors, but the cold air conditioner my body will intensify due to stage fright.

My heels and bag was the last thing I put on and my strawberry and vanilla that Lily gifted me for getting a job, she said she was given by her many admirers and didn't need a new one but I should work my ass out on my presentation so I can get her DOS+1.

It was strange how the perfume bottle looked so extravagant and yet didn't have a brand name. The sweet smell was divine, I was in love with myself. At least this boosted my morale. Lily sure knows how to cheer me up. She was still fast asleep, so I just pecked her cheek and shouted bye.

_At the office_

I was shaking now. I was doing my daily affirmation in my head over and over again as I drove to work, but I still wasn't bold enough. Paid the tax and stood in front of my workplace.

I can't lose this job.

7:00 am. I was still very early. Two hours to calm myself down. I was always like this before I did anything I'm public, first suffered in fear for hours before time and once I started dancing, but this time talking, my fear left me like it was never there before.

I was on the administrative block, the top floor. I walked to the secretary block and quickly made myself comfortable in my cubic. I was still reading and reciting and jotting a lot of things, I didn't know when I slept off.

I heard footsteps approaching. Those heavy elegant and graceful steps, I knew the pattern too well. His presence was behind me, what I didn't know was why he didn't say anything or try to wake me up.

I might just be hallucinating, I mean I lost sleep for two weeks. Mr. Dean has been hunting my dreams. And now that I managed to nap, I could feel him.

"I know you are awake. Get up." He said with his usual cold tone.

I shook out of the chair, literally. Hitting my ass on the hard tiles. He scoffed.

I looked up at him and dragged myself off the floor.
Dusted my ass a little and bowed.
"Good morning sir. I see you are in good health."

"I see you didn't want me to be in good health."

Yes, die you idiot.

"Not at all, sir. I'm delighted...I mean happy... glad to see you." I rambled again. He was going to know I was nervous around him.

"Hope you are ready to fail." He smirked.
Do people without emotions do that?

"Quite the opposite." I stood my ground. I wasn't nervous anymore. My body so badly wanted to see the look on his poked face when I did so well in the presentation.

He just stared and walked away.

*Xavier's POV*
_The conference room _

9:00 am.
I walked gracefully as the door was pulled open for me to walk in. As a king, this was my throne room. The round table, just like in the times of King Arthur and Merlin. This was where the success was made. I made this.