Chapter 15~The unpredictable

*Xavier's POV*

A slight tap on my arm woke me up from my twenty-five-minute nap. I was glad I got a little sleep. I haven't gotten a wink of sleep since the past three days, from one business conference to another. I was just glad I was finally back in New York with all the business proposals from businessmen signed and they were all ready to invest, after two whole weeks of convincing.

"Sir, we have landed." Mrs. James said softly.

"I realized," I said coldly.

I came down from the VIP area from the plane. I wasn't so happy I couldn't use my private jet, but the hospitality in this airline works too. But I was still cranked up at the fact that I was going to have to stay in traffic for hours once more. I just wanted to go home and cuddle Alexandra and ensure Bae is in good condition. Jessica. Her name has been popping up in my brain throughout my stay in Florida. When I wasn't working, she was walking herself into my mind, like she owned it. I wanted to see her for some unknown reasons.

Urgh. And that short skirt!
Females wearing skimpy clothes has never been a problem, but Jessica wearing them stirs up something in me I don't like at all and don't want to find out, but Dr.Johnson Oliver thinks otherwise.

"Sir, your driver will be here in five minutes. You can go on, I will get your suitcase to your house before I close for the day." Mrs.James said as she bowed slightly.

"Sure. Fed Alexandra if I get delayed in traffic." I replied. I moved my gaze to my golden wristwatch, making sure the driver would be here in five minutes or he would lose his job tonight.

A horn disrupted my call with my lawyer. I was letting him know I was back and I needed the signatures confirmed myself.

"Sir." My driver came down and opened the door of the airport cafe and then the door of my car. I settled down in the back seat and did the sit belt myself, I didn't want him to come close at all.

"Can I go now, sir?" He asked with a shaking voice. He must be so scared of losing his job. But lucky for me he was one minute earlier.

"Yes, you can." He nodded with so much energy I was a little worried about his head falling off. I guess that should be what you are to feel, right?

The driver was quiet and I just closed my eyes meditating on all the work o had to get done this new week. Today was Sunday, and tomorrow was Monday, which spells out busy.

I loved my work. My work was my life, without it, I would be useless. I put all my energy into this and watched it grow. I was good at everything I put my hand to do, but business and sales just came a lot easier. At least my shine wasn't stolen in this one. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, Grandpa got me did far. His belittling helped me get it. He wasn't stretching his hands out to pick you up when you fall, he did the exact opposite, step on you and mock you and tell you how much of a failure you are and how you can never make it. Those words were my strength. I wanted to prove him wrong so badly. And I finally did.

But I still wanted his validation. Just a little. Just a well-done will do.

I was brought up with cold hands. Never shown loved, never cared for. Never need love and never well. The universe never taught me to, and now they blame me for being this heartless monster. They made me who I am today.

"Sir, straight home or the office?" His shaky voice cut my train of thought.

"Office." Let me check it out. I haven't seen it for two weeks.

He nodded again.
Exactly ten minutes we were there

"We are here."
"Drop me through the back. I don't want to be seen at all." I said.