Chapter 18~ Stalker

*Lily's POV*

I was finally done with my makeover. My looks were the most important thing to me after Jessica, who was my whole life. I wondered how people believed family to be the most vital part of the perfect making and growth of a child. My family killed me. Stabbed and cut down any little branch that started growing out of this broken soul.

My family looked perfect from the outside and was envied by a lot of people, while I envied them in return. I envied the life of Jessica, she was poor and had nothing but the most important thing, love. I didn't have those four-letter words.

My father had a drug addiction entered the drug-selling business and became a drug lord. His wife, my mother turned him in after stealing more than half of the billions he made. She claimed she did that to protect me, she was lying. She never loved him once and always looked for an opportunity to stab him in the back. To the public, she did the right thing, but his only family that knew the truth knew she just wanted to get rid of him and keep the money.

He killed himself in prison, and my world died along with him. Father was kind and sweet to me, always showed up to all my cheerleading shows, and cheered me on the loudest. Even when he was high, all he ever told me was to go to my room lock the door, and never open even if he told me to. He never got high on my D-days with him. I was daddy's little girl and with the evil money he got, he still did go and cared for our family.

My mom and dad always fought and it was because of my mommy's work. She was a nurse and always volunteered for pandemics. The casualties during the war, or tornadoes or flooding or viruses, were always a lot, and up all her time, she traveled here and there and was never a mother to me.

We finally knew why, she had a lover in another country and slept and cheated on not only her father but also on her lover. She turned in her dad and used most of the money on her lover's crazy lifestyle.

Schooling was hard for me once dad died and she was rarely there, not like I wanted a whore near me. I had everything I needed, went to the best school, and got everything I wanted with just a phone call. Maids here and there, a driver to take me anywhere I wanted, and free tickets to any country I wished to go to. That's why people envied me. But they didn't know the whole story, only Jessica knew and she never looked a me differently or befriended me for my money.

My father opened a secret account for me and I had a lot of money there. But I didn't want to use any of it. I wanted to work for my own money.

I was finally able to access it once I was eighteen and I left home. I left my mommy so she can finally be with her other families and I won't stop her from having fun. I moved in with Jessica and I learned the hustle. I wanted the love and joy the poor felt and I was able to feel that sting and suffering as long as I didn't use any of my father's money, except it was really important. Jessica didn't even know.

My mother still calls once in a while, just to ensure I am breathing and sends money. I didn't want any of her money, but it was still her duty to take care of me and it was my father's money after all.

I never wanted to use my nursing certificate, because I didn't want to end up like my mother and ruin my future children's lives. But here I was in front of SAFE HOUSE, Dr. Johnson Oliver's mental care clinic.

My qualifications could take me to any hospital I needed plus my connections but I didn't want to use any of that, I wanted my blood and sweat... and, to stay with my crush.

I had a huge crush on Dr.Oliver for the past five years since I and Jessica moved to our apartment as soon as we finished college. The apartment was five blocks away from his clinic.