Chapter One

[Your POV]

I had just moved to a new town in the city of California, it was all for my dad's new job offer to get even more money for his business and with my mom wanting a new house, he took the offer and we moved to Woodsboro. It made me so anxious to see a brand new town with a new house, new neighbours, and new risks. Without much time to unpack, I tossed my suitcases onto the floor of my new bedroom and pulled out some of the more important stuff that I could find. I only had a single day to explore around before I would have to go to my new school, and that was going to be a nightmare, high schools tend to be total jerks to new students and I wasn't looking forward to it.

"Y/N, are you done unpacking yet??"

My mother called from downstairs, she seemed excited about something weird. I looked to my suitcases laying all on the floor and my bed, rolling my eyes and responding.

"Not really, why???"

"Our new Neighbor's kid wants to say hi!! Come down please!"

My brain froze, our neighbors have a kid?? Mom probably thinks I'll get along with them, she's been trying stuff like this for almost a year now. Reluctantly I sighed and went down the stairs only to see my mother talking with this young female, straight auburn hair, fair skin, chestnut eyes, and bright clothes with a headband perched perfectly on her head.

"Y/N! This is Lucy, she's going to your new school! And she's our neighbor, amazing right?"

Lucy turned around to see me, smiling and waving. I hesitated at first, but waved and sat down beside her. Mom was talking to her about weird questions, what she plans to work as, if she's dating anyone, stuff like that.

"Actually, miss L/N, I can take Y/N for a tour around the town! We can grow closer if that's alright with you, and of course if it's alright with them."

Mom smiled, then looked to me. Almost completely overwhelmed with her eyes staring me down, I smiled and nodded.

"Ah, sure, Lucy."

Lucy had driven us both around in her car for a bit while giving me a tour, until she stationed by a park and got out.

"C'mon Y/N! I want you to meet my friends, aka your classmates!"

She took my hand, pulled me out of the car and started walking towards a small flower garden with a few benches around. As soon as we arrived the group of people there greeted her, and a few of them shook my hand and said hello. There were two boys and three girls including Lucy.

"Liam, Elijah, Carly, Ava, this is my new neighbor and friend Y/N!"

All of them said a mixture of hellos at once, it was sort of overwhelming but nice, I felt decently safe around them already. Lucy went over to the boy with soft blonde hair and brown eyes, introducing him as Elijah, then she went over to the boy with the ash brown hair and blue eyes, Liam. Next she gestured to the two girls, the curly red head with green eyes being named Ava and the wavy black haired with black eyes being Carly. Ava was your ordinary teenage girl, keeping up with trends, being overprotective of her hair and clothes.. While Carly didn't really care what she wore, she preferred blending in with the crowd more instead of standing out like Ava or Lucy. Elijah was an average popular guy, good looks, athleticism, smarts, anything someone would want in high school. Liam was pretty much the same, except he says that he just third wheels around Elijah for everything he does, an assistant kind of situation where he just hangs around. We sat talking for what felt like hours, until Liam decided to bring up some story from back in 1996 or so. It was about this girl named Sidney Prescott who had been attacked by a serial killer(s) that turned out to be her boyfriend and his friend, she ended up killing both of them with the news reporter Gale Weathers, but it didn't stop. It went on for years, her ex boyfriend's mother and a friend, a long lost brother, a cousin and her friend, all of those people took the role of The Ghostface Killer and attempted to kill her which ended in all of them failing. It was quite terrifying with the finale thing Liam said.

"According to the police, there's still one out there. Another Ghostface. They've been lurking in the shadows of the city, slowly but surely picking people off. Apparently before any of those victims die/go missing, they feel like they're being watched..like a stalking killer. The only one that survived a single attack had mentioned it was like the killer knew their every move, predicting what they would do before they would even do it. They were never heard from again after that interview."

Everyone was staring at him, then he smiled sheepishly.

"But yet again, that's just a story the police said not too long ago! Doesn't mean it's true!"

Carly punched him in the arm, sighing softly and smiling before whispering in my ear.

"Don't worry Y/N. Liam's just being a dork, in reality he's terrified of those stupid stories."

Liam seemed offended as if he heard what she said, standing up and starting to jokingly argue with Carly. The entire day was nice, I made some new friends, I got a tour of the town, I managed to unpack everything, it was going well.

963 words.
(A/N: Hopefully this isn't too bad😭)