Chapter Eight

The following night I stayed in my room, just sitting beside my bed and staring at the carpet. I had a weird trance sort of thing as I stared at the ground, my vision blurring the more I stared. I came back to reality when my phone rang, that man I had talked to was calling.

"Yes?"

"Hey. You doing okay?"

I pondered for a moment, my frown almost turning to a smile until I remembered what happened during the day.

"Not really. You saw the news, right? Megan Romano and Brent Lawson being mysteriously murdered, both of them gutted. Someone put polaroid photos of their corpses on Megan's old desk and in my school's courtyard."

He was silent, as if thinking to himself.

"Yikes. That's horrible, I'm..so sorry."

"It's fine, I'm just really upset. Megan did nothing wrong and she was brutally murdered at a party.."

He was completely silent, all I could hear was his breathing and a low hum kind of noise.

"Maybe she did, I mean you never know what people could be doing in their private lives. Like that guy, Brent Lawson. Rumour has it that he wasn't that good of a person, coquetting at girls much younger than him."

"That's...horrible. But he didn't deserve to die!! Neither of them did! None of the people that've been getting killed deserve to be slaughtered!!"

He was silent again, the low hum was gone this time.

"You may be correct on that, but yet again you still never know how horrible a person could be."

"With that logic, how do I know that you're a good person?"

"Same reason to why I don't know if you're a good person. In a nutshell let's agree that we have no real reason to trust each other, but we semi-do."

Sort of smiling, I checked my mind for any more conversation ideas.

"Well, I'll talk to you another time. I have to do some work. Bye."

"Bye."

After we hung up, I just decided to take a shower and then take a nap. When I woke up it was around 6:30pm, and there were about ten to twelve messages from mine and the other's group chat.

Liam: Y/N, they found blood in the courtyard of the school.

Lucy: They're starting the questioning immediately tomorrow, if you're going to school make sure you're with us.

Ava: Y/N?? You there?

I stared at the messages for a moment, until it finally clicked. I almost vomited, all of this was happening way too fast and I didn't know why, why was I the person to see this stuff, I was new to the town and everything goes horribly as soon as I arrived. The next morning I had to rush to get changed and get ready just so I could respond to the group-chat. As soon as I responded Liam read my message and started talking about how he was running to my house ASAP with Elijah. Ava said she was being driven to school, and Carly was on her way to my house already.

As soon as my doorbell rang I answered it to see Liam and Elijah standing there panting. Lucy was behind them just as Carly's sedan pulled into the driveway.

"Hey Y/N, ready to go?"

After nodding, I slipped through the doorframe and closed it behind me as all of us got into the car. While we drove, I looked around the road and saw police cars driving to the school, surrounding the courtyard's parking lot. When I got out of the car, I saw Ava with another female. The girl had monroe toned skin, violet eyes, and quite overly revealing clothes. As soon as Ava noticed us, she brought the girl with her as she came over to the area of the courtyard we were at.

"Guys, this is my friend Michelle. Her and her brother Vincent are new students here. They'll hopefully be able to hang out with us, well, that is when Vincent decides to actually come to school. He's reluctant about the situation."

We all greeted Michelle and started for our classes, which got interrupted multiple times because of the questioning.

706 words.