Chapter Three

There was Megan, lying on the floor in the centre of the main front hall, her torso ripped open for her insides to be exposed with her organs poured out. I stood there for a solid five minutes, vomiting out of pure disgust and horror until Carly came in and guided me away from the scene, her face showing the same fear as mine.

"Y/N, l..let's just go.. This is too much."

About a month went past after Megan's death, everyone was so much more expressionless whenever she was mentioned or her memorial was seen. Carly would pick me and the others up and drive us to school then drive us home, making sure nobody walked home alone. I had been having a horrible sickness to my stomach at the thought someone could be watching me, the hairs on my neck stood up almost 24/7, I felt a pair eyes on me even when I was in my room alone, and I was always seeing someone from the corners of my eyes. Ava and Lucy entirely believed me, while everyone else didn't have an opinion on the situation. Everyone had safety protocols for months, until they were lifted because of the murders coming to a sudden stop. Mom and dad continued being overprotective, calming down as long as I was around other people that were trusted.

School was the same, I sat next to an empty seat now that Megan was gone, it wasn't the same without me seeing her smiling at me every day and being her obviously sweet self. It was so painful with the fact her death was forgotten so easily, someone even started to vandalize her memorial.

"Y/N L/N? Someone's asking for you outside the classroom."

My head perked up to see Mrs.Perkins standing in front of my desk with a tiny smile.

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

I stood up and pushed my chair back to the desk, leaving the classroom and carefully closing the door behind me. Carly was standing there, holding two slips in her hand.

"Hey, Y/N, how are you feeling today?"

"Decently, you?"

"Doing fine. Um, do you want to go to the amusement park with me on Friday? I got an extra ticket."

I smiled, taking one of the tickets from Carly's hand and examining it.

"Of course, we haven't been able to hang out as much anymore so I'd like it if we went somewhere together."

She gave me a hug, smiling again before waving goodbye and heading off to class. I silently slipped through the door and made my way back to my desk for the rest of the lesson. When class was over, I was heading out to the courtyard down the stairs when I tripped forward and straight into someone.

"Ow! Fuck- You okay??"

The person I ran into rubbed their head before helping me to my feet as someone else came over and stood beside them. The person I ran into had black and pink hair in streaks, greyish blue eyes, and a grunge kind of style. The person beside them had blue hair and eyes, with a scene style.

"Sorry about that, you're Y/N L/N right? Liam told me about you!"

The girl smiled, picking up her skateboard from the ground and tilting her head at me while the male stood beside her and just stayed silent. I glanced between them and nodded, confused why Liam was talking about me.

"I'm Alex, and this is my brother Jake! We're transfer students from not too long ago, we came from Canada so hopefully we don't have a weird accent or anything."

The two waved goodbye to me as Alex started to rant about someone by the name of 'Michael Myers', Jake agreeing with everything she said while adding in his opinions on the guy, both of them being overly passionate about Michael.

The rest of the day I hung out with Lucy, Elijah, Liam, and Carly. Ava was seemingly with her popular group and trying to make time for us all. We were perfectly fine but I could barely manage without her comforting supportive attitude.

"I heard you and Carly are going to the amusement park on Friday, Y/N."

As soon as Carly went to get us drinks Elijah looked at me with an eyebrow raised, sort of a complete questioning look.

"Yeah, she invited me to go with her earlier today."

Elijah smiled at me, leaning backwards on his chair.

"Okay, fine with me. Just remember to be safe and if anything happens go home immediately and call us."

I nodded as all of us started talking about work, opinions on the teachers, and of course reasoning on why Ava wasn't with us.

798 words.