Chapter Twenty

After I returned home from buying gifts and wrapping paper I dragged the bags up to my room, where I then sat on my bed wrapping gifts and neatly putting them in the box I'd use to bring them until I passed out. After what I assumed was hours of me being asleep, I heard my phone ringing, Ava was calling me.

"Hey, Ava, what's up?"

"Hi Y/N! I know it's really early in the morning, but when do you feel comfortable with coming over? Like what time? Because my driver can come get you and the others to make it easier!"

I stretched and looked at the time, it wasn't that early, only around 7:30AM.

"Uh, how about I let you know when I'm ready? I still have to pack after all."

Ava hummed, then agreed and hung up to call the group chat, where everyone answered almost immediately.

"My parents weren't too happy with the fact I'm not spending Christmas with them, but I managed to convince them despite how much trouble we've been having."

Lucy sounded hesitant to speak, and I almost completely forgot she was my neighbour. Elijah laughed, he was obviously being dumb.

"Ava, quick question, will there be alcohol?"

Carly groaned, and Ava just sighed.

"No, Elijah, there won't be alcohol or drugs. Have you not seen any horror movies lately? Or are you too dumb? Alcohol or drugs leads to death, along with having sex, ditching your friends to go with some random chick you met at a party, parties in general, do I need to go on??"

Elijah laughed again, saying something while covering the mic before beginning to speak again.

"No, I get it. I was asking because, duh, it's Christmas! People always have spiked eggnog and alcohol, maybe even drugs!"

"Yeah well not this Christmas."

We continued to laugh about Elijah's priorities for Christmas until everyone agreed that they were ready for Ava and her driver to come get us. Liam and Elijah helped me bring all the gifts inside, fortunately none of us dropped any of them. Once we put the gifts down by the tree, we started to watch movies and play games until a knock was at the door. Ava excused herself, coming back into the living room with a box with heart covered wrapping paper and a red bow.

"Who left it?"

Elijah asked with an obviously anticipated tone lacing his voice, he reached for the box, which I fortunately stopped him from touching. Ava looked at the tag attached to the bow, smiling at me as soon as she read it.

"It's for you, Y/N. Did someone know you were coming here and left this?"

My face reddened as I carefully took the box and looked at the neat handwriting on the tag.

Merry Christmas Y/N.
-Danny♡︎

Lucy looked over my shoulder and at the tag, smiling immediately after looking at me.

"Y/N, are you seeing someone?"

Everyone turned to me, smiling. My face reddened even more than before at that, and I rushed to put the box down under the tree.

"Yeah, kinda, I guess. We started hanging out around the twenty-th to the twenty first. We haven't like confirmed dating or anything like that though."

After a while of pestering, I managed to make up a few lies to hide Danny's identity, fortunately making the lies work out. We continued to watch movies and just do average sleep over holiday activities. The first movie we watched was called Urban Legend from in 1998, about college murders all connected to the main character Natalie, the acting in a few parts was pretty bad, but overall a good movie with the way that Natalie's place as a witness to some of the murders was brushed off. The second was a movie called Opera from in 1987, about a young opera singer Betty dealing with a man that continuously ties her up and tapes needles at her eyes so he can force her to watch him kill people adjacent to her though he never seriously harms Betty, just unties her after killing whoever closest and abutting to Betty at the moment. The next was called The Village, based around an Amish-style community cut off from the outside world by the woods, where they believe dangerous creatures lurk. The community has these truces with the creatures where as long as they stay out of the woods they are unharmed and with the outside world, they sort of like had this deal that no cars were allowed to drive past the fence guarding the woods away from the community, no planes were to fly over the town, everything that would keep the younger folk from knowing about the outside world. There's something else to do with the colour red in that movie other than the fact that the creatures wear it, but I couldn't remember all the dialogue explaining it. Elijah and Carly fell asleep during the next few movies, eventually Liam and Ava as well. The only ones awake were me and Lucy, who nervously tapped the couch armrest.

"Y/N, how have you been? You've been pretty distant from talking with us during the break."

Her expression was unintelligible as she glanced over to me in between scenes from The Shining.

"Didn't I already tell you guys? I've been with Danny pretty much the entire break."

She turned her head away from both me and the tv, her mouth slightly opening as if she'd just remembered what she was going to say.

"Alright, I just want you to be safe even though the murders slowed down recently. Wait.."

My eyes widened and I pursed my lips tightly as Lucy looked to me again, her eyes slightly narrowed.

"What?"

I asked, trying to sound unaware about whatever Lucy was possibly thinking.

"Where did you meet Danny? You didn't tell us that yet."

I exhaled in relief that she didn't figure out that I was practically dating the Ghostface killer. I smiled softly, and for a second or two I managed to come up with yet another lie.

"..We met at the café downtown, I was going there with a friend that lives..close by to us. And I bumped into Danny there, and we basically just..clicked..!"

Lucy's eyes broadened again, and she nodded before leaning her head against the couch-frame and fell asleep. After entirely making sure that everyone was asleep, I glanced to the least obvious window in the area of the house and smiled seeing the familiar gloved hands wave, form a heart and thumbs up before disappearing. I hummed to myself and leaned my head against the arm-rest closest to me, falling asleep.

1160 words.

(A/N: Yeah I just recently watched Opera, Urban Legend, and The Village again so I decided to use them in the chapter because I had no other ideas lol.)