Chapter Two

The next morning I woke up and immediately got dressed and started to pack my bag, I was excited to go hang out with my friends for six hours, but I was also overwhelmed and completely horrified to see so many new people. Just as I managed to pack my lunch and put it in my bag, the doorbell rang. I looked myself in the mirror trying to make myself look decent before rushing to the door and opening it. Lucy was standing there with her backpack and a smile.

"I was thinking we could walk to school today, Y/N. The others are already at the courtyard waiting for us!"

"Sure Lucy!"

We walked the entire distance to the school, as soon as we got to the courtyard we saw Liam, Elijah, and Carly running towards us with Ava following behind while texting on her phone.

"Y/N!! Lucy!! There you guys are! We wanted to invite you two to come to the video store with us after school!!"

Carly swung to my side, continuing to rant about the movies we could get. We all continued walking into the school, the group giving me a tour of the place before we went to our lockers and dispersed to our classes. My first class of the day was Science, and luckily I sat at the back so I didn't draw any attention from any sort of people that could be behind me. I sat beside this girl, long blonde hair tied back in a ponytail with a bright pink tie. She had icy blue eyes, tanned skin and studded earrings. Her clothes looked like any average popular girl's clothes, tank tops with skirts, knee highs and heeled boots. Ever so slightly I glanced over to her just to see that she was staring at me.

"Listen, you're the new kid, right?"

She popped a bubble in her mouth, with this weird smile across her face. I just slightly nodded as she edged her chair closer towards me.

"How do you feel about a party to start your first week off? Sunday night. My friend Brianna is throwing this massive party at her mansion and everyone's invited, you seem cool so I thought I'd invite you."

She continued chewing and popping her gum, as soon as the professor entered the room again she pushed her chair back to its original position and looked at me in anticipation. Without a feeling of time, I smiled at her nervously and nodded.

"Megan Romano. No chewing gum in class."

The girl rolled her eyes, standing up and going over to the trashcan before spitting it out. After scoffing at the professor and sitting down again, Megan softly smiled at me. Class began shortly after. As soon as I got into the hallway I pretty much entirely collapsed into the wall, being bombarded with the crowds of people walking around. I was completely pushed around and shoved into lockers as people ran around.

"Y/N! Are you okay? I'm so sorry about those assholes pushing you around, we get a break in between classes and they act like it's the end of the world."

Carly pulled me to my feet, going towards both of our lockers through the crowds. The entire day was overly stressful, thankfully Carly had almost every single one of my classes and was able to help me out. As soon as school was over, we were walking to the movie-store when I decided to speak up about something.

"Guys, have any of you been feeling uneasy? Or is it just me having that new kid effect?"

Ava paused, looking up from her phone before she slowed her pace to walk with me. The others looked at me in confusion and weary.

"I felt it too when I was a new student. But if I'm honest, it's probably some weirdo thinking you're hot and following you around. I mean look at you, I wouldn't blame them despite it being creepy."

Ava gave me a smile after whispering to me, then looked to her phone again. We eventually arrived to the store, each of us going to the horror and thriller section to search. As I flicked through the CD boxes, I came across a few movies.

"Halloween..Friday The 13th..Child's Play..Saw..Nightmare On Elm Street.?"

I started looking over the movie information, until I saw Liam leaning over my shoulder and peering at the covers.

"Those are awesome movies! Guys, Y/N found the perfect movies for us to watch and bring to the party!"

The rest of the group came over to the two of us, Ava took one look at the movies and then looked away.

"No way. Nightmare On Elm Street? That killer's a creep. And Saw? Totally gross, guts and blood in almost every scene!"

Elijah laughed, pulling Ava to his side and starting to tease her. Carly and Lucy thought they were great movies on the other hand.

"So it's settled, we're buying: Halloween, Friday The 13th, Child's Play, Saw, and Nightmare On Elm Street?"

Liam started to pull out his wallet as everyone agreed, Carly just stopped him and pulled out hers instead and continued by saying that she would pay for the movies. We dropped each other off at our houses, then me and Lucy dispersed into our own houses once we got to the sidewalk. The entire time I was home I was just doing homework and texting my friends, mainly Carly and Liam. The past week was filled with stress, at least the weekend happened and it was the day of the party. Liam and Carly had come to pick me and Lucy up to drive us to Leanna's mansion, I was nervous the entire time because we had gone shopping beforehand. I didn't want to wear anything fancy nor too casual, so I just wore a grey sweatshirt with jean shorts, knee-high socks and some random running shoes. Lucy wore a nice leather skirt and a strap-top with stockings and converse shoes, while Carly wore a small jumpsuit with high shoes. Liam wore his ordinary clothes, he quote on quote, "looks good in everything". When we got to the mansion, Megan was waiting at the driveway with Ava, both of them wearing expensive looking clothes. As soon as I exited Liam's car, Megan smiled and waved at me before walking over and bringing me inside. Liam, Carly, Lucy, and Ava just followed in after us. When I got inside the house I was completely baffled by the antiques and expensive decorations all around.

"Y/N, if you want I can tour you around, or you can explore on your own, I dunno."

I refused Megan's offer, sitting down beside Liam and Carly on the couch as they put in the first Nightmare On Elm Street movie. Hours went by as the sun started to set, more people started arriving, and the more movies we watched. Eventually, I got tired of watching horror movies and I asked Ava for directions to the bathroom, but when I was about to turn the handle I changed my mind, two people were doing their business in there already and it wasn't that urgent. I decided to go to the kitchen, where I found Lucy and Elijah. Elijah was talking with this girl I saw with like five other guys earlier, while Lucy was talking with them and a few other people.

"Oh! Y/N! Are you okay? This isn't too overwhelming, right? If it is I can take you home or outside for a walk or something."

Lucy had stopped talking with the others to come over to me, a worried expression on her face. After reassuring her I was okay, I sat down beside her just looking at the tablecloth patterns. Eventually after half an hour or so, Carly came over to me, a tiny smile on her face.

"Y/N, do you want to go outside for fresh air with me? I'm a bit scared of being alone in the night."

"Oh, erm..sure, Carly!"

I stood up and walked with Carly outside, sort of staying on the driveway chairs and sitting out in the cold night. We stayed outside for about thirty minutes to an hour, but when we got back to the door it swung open and there was tons of people leaving with disgusted expressions. Liam, Lucy, Elijah, and Ava came outside, Lucy had hugged us both and started talking about how worried she was. When nobody was looking, I carefully snuck back into the house to see what the commotion was about, and what I saw next was horrifying.

1456 words.