Chapter Thirteen

[ This chapter involves alcohol, sex, and duh- death. It's a horror story party, what would we expect. ]

Throughout the two weeks we worked on setting up Harper's house for the party, pretty much decorating the entire first floor, the second and third being requested to be left alone due to the fact they'd be used for more private stuff. During the weekend we would go to Harper's house and put the pre-made decorations up, then the rest of the week we would make the decorations for when we'd head over. Eventually it was the night of the party, we had everything set up and even made sure to check the entire house before Elijah, Ava, Lucy, Carly, Liam, Oliver, Harper and I began to work on making food to set up for when everyone else would arrive. We bought soda, chips, alcohol, tons of stuff people would want for a party, and then we started to get all the movies and speakers ready around the house as more and more people showed up. Everything was going well, music was playing, people were watching movies, the food was at least being eaten, nothing went to waste luckily.

"Hey Y/N, you doing alright? I get that it's scary, but we have guards and stuff this time."

Carly rubbed my back comfortingly as we sat down on the couch beside some other people, the smell of alcohol flowing almost everywhere in the room.

"Yeah, I feel a lot safer this time at least. More people in every room seeing as it isn't just schoolmates that were invited. And the cameras and bodyguards. It still isn't sitting right with me though."

She frowned, looking to the movie for a moment before holding my forearm and pulling me to my feet.

"Let's go have a drink, it'll hopefully take your mind off of this. We'll have fun at this party, unlike the last one. It's safer this time."

She started towards the kitchen, swerving in between groups of people, I shielded my eyes as we walked, trying to avoid the sight of people making out and heading towards the bedrooms upstairs, it was just..strange why they'd be having sex while a murderer is around. Carly let go of my arm and walked towards the island counter, grabbing us both a cup of pop and walking back towards me. I took one of the cups from her and sat down at one of the counter chairs as she just leaned against the edge of the counter. Eventually I got off my chair and walked off, leaving Carly to talk with some other schoolmates. I couldn't find Elijah anywhere on the first floor, so I decided to go upstairs and see if I could find him or possibly even Lucy. As I got to the hallway filled with rooms, I carefully turned the knob to each room I came across, only opening each door a crack to listen in case people were busy in one of the rooms. I opened one of the doors closest to the stairwell, after listening for a moment and hearing nothing I walked inside. The room looked fancy and old, cobwebs in the corners of the room. The bed had old modern covers, no dents in the pillows or sheets in the slightest in case someone had been in the room.

When I went back to the door, it was closed. I raised an eyebrow and tried to open the door again but it felt as if the door was locked or maybe being pulled by the other side. After a few seconds of pulling, it flung open and sent me tumbling backwards. Oddly enough nobody was in the hallway, it was just empty and almost completely silent. I stood in the hall for a moment, walking down the hall to the next room, when I opened the door a crack just as I had done with the others, I paused and carefully closed it again. ...I didn't want to think about what I just heard Elijah and some girl doing. Shuddering, I turned around and went back to the stairwell. Before I started down the stairs, I heard Harper walking around and calling out.

"Has anyone seen Jess?? Jess???"

After a minute, I pursed my lips and went back to the hallway of rooms. I searched every room possible again, pausing once I passed the room Elijah was in. Could Jess be the girl in there?, no.. He had spoke someone else's name the first time I heard him. I went down the hall further, finding another door that seemed blocked off from the inside. I looked to the decoration table down the hall and placed my cup down on it's surface before going back to the door. I tried to open it about ten to fifteen times, until I turned the knob once again and shoved my body into the door. As soon as I put more pressure towards it, the door finally opened a bit. I continued to push it open, struggling the more the gap would broaden. When I got inside, I found the room almost entirely abandoned, it looked like the kind of room an old woman would have, vintage decorations and old dusted photos on the shelves with floral bedsheets and expensive wallpapers. I walked around the room and examined almost everything, jumping at the sound of the music growing louder and louder, I couldn't even hear my own thoughts. The more I explored the room, the more I realized that some of the more sturdy bits of the room weren't as dusty as the rest. I looked closely at the dark details of the room, finding stains around the doorframe of the room. It wasn't any regular stains..it was blood. Just as I was about to scream and run back to the hallway, the door slammed shut and a corpse fell to the ground in front of it..Jess. A figure stood over the corpse, him. He killed Jess..And I definitely wasn't going to live to get help. I panicked, backing up from him and stumbling into one of the tables at the wall beside the window. He stalked closer to me, blocking any chance I would've had to escape the room, plus with Jess' corpse by the door it would've taken longer. I started to use my hands and search the table, pausing as soon as I heard the music stop.

"HEL-"

He cut off my scream by covering my mouth and raising his knife to my neck, my breathing causing the blade to softly prod my skin.

"Shut up and consider yourself lucky that you aren't dead yet."

His breathing was hitched, anticipation somehow being shown by his hum of amusement. The more I stared towards him I noticed his eyes, calm and narrowed, staring directly at mine. There was pure silence, my hands twitching as I longed to reach for his hand covering my mouth, just to gain anyone's attention even if it means I would die. As soon as he noticed, his grip tightened and the knife pressed against my neck even more. My vision started to fall blurry, losing my breath. Just as I was about to faint he uncovered my mouth and grabbed hold of my neck, sliding his knife to a holster on his leg as the grip around my neck tightened. I struggled and gasped as I grabbed hold of his arm, just to attempt absolutely anything that could help me. As soon as I grabbed his arm he tilted his head at me, leaning forwards. I could see his eyes much clearer now, they stared at me with so much intensity that I knew I would be killed in the next minute, but his expression weirdly gave me the idea that he had no intention of killing me just yet. My eyes started to fog and tear up as I tried turning my head to my right, if I could just see a way out of this. I let go of his arm, hesitantly reaching towards a potted plant on the table. His grip tightened, and as soon as I heard the music stop I strained myself to grab the pot and slam it into his head. As soon as my neck was released I pushed past him and collapsed towards the door, fiddling with the lock until I could push the door open and throw myself into the hallway, sobbing uncontrollably as I saw Carly and Liam running towards me. Liam slid to his knees and pulled me into his lap as he hugged me close to him while Carly hugged me from beside him.

"Y/N, what happened in there?! We went searching for you but didn't find you anywhere and we heard a crash, then you came out of this room, are you okay?!"

Liam held my face softly and looked me over, his eyes widening at the faint bloody prints that Ghostface's hand left on my neck and face.

"What the fuck?! We have to call the cops!! If he's here then we have to get them immediately!!!"

My voice was hoarse as I tried to gasp out a sentence, sobbing into Liam's sweatshirt.

"Liam, maybe we should wait a few seconds to hear what happened by Y/N personally, as if maybe something happened that we didn't think about. Just wait.."

He hugged me tighter, carefully picking me up and going towards the bathroom before placing me on the counter. He and Carly began to help clean the blood off of me, both of them frowning. After a moment of pure silence and me trying to find my voice again, there was a shriek coming from above us, covered up by the music. Liam immediately looked to me, raising an eyebrow. He gave me a questioning look and I nodded, taking his hand as all three of us ran up the stairs to the third floor and where the screaming was. When we got to the third floor we saw a door opened at the end of the hall, crying coming from the room. As soon as we entered the room Liam covered my eyes and turned me to face Carly as she backed out of the room, holding me close. Liam exited the room with a girl screaming and crying, blood splattered all over her front and a stab wound in her arm. My eyes widened even more now that I realized that Jess wasn't the only victim here.

"CALL THE FUCKING COPS!!!"

The music stopped immediately, and the bodyguards from all the possible entrances ran upstairs followed by pretty much all the party members. The cops were called and all four of us were comforted by officers as the girl was being taken care of by the paramedics. Liam held me close to him the entire time, getting defensive whenever the officers made a risky accusation when asking what happened.

1838 words.