Chapter Fourteen

That next day Liam, Carly, and Lucy stayed over the entire day and night. We watched movies and all stayed in my room, where we knew we had a way out of someone ran inside. There was a hatch leading to my attic right in the hallway, and inside the attic there was a window on the roof that we could always climb through. I carefully stood up from my seat on my bed and walked towards my bathroom door, Liam, Carly, and Lucy looking at me for confirmation.

"I'm just going to get changed into pyjamas, I'll be more comfortable that way."

They nodded as I picked up my pyjamas from the clothing hook on the door, closing it shut behind me. After a few seconds, I began to change my clothes into a tank top and sweatpants with a cardigan. When I tossed the pants I was wearing before into my hamper, I saw a note slip out from it's pocket. My eyes widened at the sight as I leaned down to pick it up and look it over. It was ripped, as if rushed to be made small into an almost unnoticeable piece of paper without a double-take. The note had a heart in the center of the paper, which made me cringe slightly.

'Go to the abandoned park in the woods near your house♡︎

Reminder: I'm always watching.'

My eyes widened even more as I glanced around my bathroom, I knew he probably couldn't see me, I had no windows in my bathroom..but two in my bedroom. I began to panic as I stuffed the note inside my jacket pocket while it was hanging from the door hook. I swung the bathroom door open and immediately got three confused looks by Lucy, Carly, and Liam, who were still sitting safely on my bed. I sighed in relief and went back to sit down with them, thinking about when that note was put into my pocket, maybe when Jed was choking me he used his free hand..? I brushed it off, laying down and eventually drifting off to sleep. I assumed that Liam Carly and Lucy went to sleep not long after, because a few minutes after I drifted to sleep I heard the TV turn off and shifting nearby me. When I woke up, it was daylight and everyone was okay. I yawned and stretched before getting up off my bed and carefully avoiding stepping on Liam's legs, seeing as he insisted on sleeping on the trundle of my bed. I went to my dresser and grabbed clothes to change into, stepping inside my bathroom and closing the door before changing out of my pyjamas. I glanced towards my jacket, my heart beating immensely as I contemplated leaving to do as the note asked. I was in the bathroom for who knows how long, until I heard a knock on the door and heard Lucy's voice.

"Y/N? Are you alright? You've been in there for twenty minutes.."

She snapped me back to reality, I perked up my head and opened the door, trying to act as if nothing happened.

"Yeah, Lucy. Don't worry! I'm probably going to take a while to get over..you know."

She nodded, backing up and going to grab her clothes from her bag then walking back over to the door. I made sure to grab my jacket as I went back to sit down by my desk while Lucy went to change, Liam was still sound asleep and Carly was watching the news and staring at the photos filled with proof as I sat beside her. There was evidence of bloody hand and footprints at the third floor window, then apparently leading to the second floor room that Jess' body was found in, I hadn't noticed the blood smeared on the carpet from Jess desperately trying to crawl out of the room, it made me sick to my stomach to see that he took yet another polaroid photo of her corpse and stuck it inside her wound. Liam eventually woke up after Carly had gotten changed, and he took longer than everyone else due to him being half-asleep. After he finished getting changed we all went downstairs to make breakfast, Liam collapsing on the couch as soon as he got to it. We made waffles for breakfast, surprisingly my parents had already left for work, which meant as soon as Carly Liam and Lucy left I could listen to the note and see what would happen, I needed to know why this was happening and if losing my life was the only way then I'd have to do it. We watched another movie after we finished breakfast, then the three of them went home and continued to tell me to be safe. I stared at the note again, glancing past my backyard fence and to the woods. With a sigh, I went and grabbed an extra bag from my desk shelves and went to the bathroom where he certainly couldn't see me, I grabbed a satchel from my closet and started putting everything into it, a pocketknife along with everything else. After finally packing everything I would need into the satchel, I grabbed a sweater and headed for the backyard gate.

906 words.

(A/N: I'm sorry if these chapters are getting crappy I'm having a shit load of stress going on atm.)