Chapter Eighteen

I continued to stand there in awe, not even being able to give myself a reaction. After a few seconds, my phone was ringing, which snapped me back to reality as I turned around and started towards the counter with my phone on it.

"Hello?"

I tried to speak calmly, attempting to ignore what just happened.

"Hey Y/N, are you free this Thursday? The others and I are planning to hang out and watch tons of movies and we're wondering if you want to join us!"

Lucy's voice was cheerful, and it made me smile to hear that she was noticeably doing well.

"Yeah I'm free. My parents are out of town for like a month so I'm pretty much always free until they're back."

Lucy began to talk about activities we'd all do along with the movies, her voice sounding more and more excited for each activity. We talked for a while longer, and Lucy paused for a moment before speaking again.

"I gotta go, my parents are making me go out with them to dinner. I'll text you later!!"

She waited for me to say goodbye before she ended the call, and I just stood there without knowing what to do next. After a while of wandering around my house out of boredom, I decided to just go lie down in my room, I wasn't going to have school for a while, so it didn't really matter if I went to sleep at 8pm or 3am. Ughhh..I almost totally forgot about Christmas being in 4-5 days and I was spending it with friends..I'd have to go shopping for gifts.. I just decided to go to sleep and clean in the morning. As soon as I woke up I started to tidy up my room, dust the house, and vacuum just so I wouldn't brush it off, I really had nothing else planned and I hoped Jed wouldn't be visiting anytime soon. After an hour and a half, I was sitting on my couch when I heard tapping behind me, and sure enough I turned to see Jed.

"Hey again, Doll."

He tittered at my semi-surprised expression, using one arm to prop him up as he went over the couch frame and looked at me immediately after sitting down.

"So what are you planning to do today? Do you have plans?"

His voice sounded almost childish as he asked me if I had plans, it wasn't difficult to know he wanted to do something. After a few seconds of silence and him staring right at me, I sighed.

"No I don't have plans. Why? What do you want to do now?"

He leaned backwards, nodding his head.

"Good! How do you feel about going to the movies together? The final stab sequel is finally out, even though everyone thought that the last one would be the finale, it's most likely stupid but I wanna see it with you. Everyone preferred when they ended making sequels so they could watch the older ones, but noooo, we need more sequels apparently!!"

I chuckled softly, at least he was sort of giving me something to do.

"Sure, Jed, we can go see the movie. Just..lose the costume."

His head perked up when I said his name, obviously he hadn't heard it in person for a while. Once I agreed he pumped his fist in the air and nodded, holding up a finger to tell me to wait before disappearing. After a couple minutes of almost pure silence, I heard Jed's footsteps again and I turned to see him standing by the stairs. Wearing surprisingly non-blood soaked clothes, and without his mask, he grinned at me.

"You said lose the costume, and now you're surprised I did? Get your priorities straight.."

He trailed off, still smiling at me. After a few more seconds of just staring at him, I stood up from the couch and went to grab my keys as Jed followed close behind.

"Just don't start talking during the movie, and don't be greedy."

He whined, but agreed anyways and listened to music the entire ride while still keeping his fully excited attitude. When we arrived to the theatre, Jed couldn't stop shaking out of excitement, and I mentally facepalmed for forgetting how much he loves horror films.

We entered the theatre and surprisingly there wasn't as big of a line as we thought, though it grew a lot the more we went up in the line. Once we got to the counter, I got both of us popcorn and a drink, and Jed even begged me for cotton candy. As we waited to get our food so we could buy them, the usher smiled at us.

"You guys having a date? I can swap tickets with you so you guys can have a more clear seating."

I pursed my lips, and thankfully Jed spoke for me.

"Yeah, we are. And no thanks, we're fine with where we're sitting already, thank you for offering though."

Jed shot the usher a glare, and he shrugged it off and handed us our popcorn, drinks, and Jed's cotton candy. Thankfully we made it to our seats just as the commercials ended, and Jed was still shaking violently with excitement. During the movie, Jed's expression changed rapidly, he would be smiling one second, frowning the next, and even glaring at the screen. It seemed like he enjoyed the movie, he even winced at a few of the kills, apparently they were a lot more triggering than what he normally would go for. At one of the scenes in the movie, he surprisingly tensed, gripping onto his chair.

"Now I'm starting to wish this wasn't about- technically anyone behind the Ghostface mask, but instead about that Jason guy. He'd at least get this disgusting intimacy off the screen."

Jed gagged, continuing to have mixed expressions on the movie until it was over, where he then sighed out of relief and began to stretch and yawn.

"Yep, I was right, doll. The movie was stupid, but at least I watched it with you."

After I stood up, he took my hand and started to head to the room doors, swaying our arms back and forth repeatedly. He was obviously trying not to seem dissatisfied from the movie, despite the fact he was aware I knew he didn't like it.

"Hey at least we got to do something together, by the way, can you stand still for a sec?"

Confused, I stopped walking towards my car as Jed went a distance in front of me and pulled out his polaroid camera. How the fuck does he continue to carry that around even without his costume pockets? He smiled and took a photo, childishly not letting me see it and saying I'd be able to soon. We had small conversation as we drove back to my house, and Jed was overly talkative with his opinion on the movie. Once we returned back to my house, he got his costume back on, said goodbye and blew me a kiss, then left through my backdoor.

1256 words.

(A/N: Sorry. I've had major writers-block this past week and I'm loose on ideas to add other than duh- romance and more and more with Jed, but it feels boring to have hanging out with Jed as the only thing that happens, y'know? Plus I've been playing a shit-ton of Dead By Daylight and haven't had much time to write.)