Chapter Twenty-Two

Immediately once I woke up I noticed Danny still holding onto me and asleep, yet as soon as I just barely moved his eyes flicked open and he tilted his head at me with a smile.

"Morning, err...'afternoon, sweetheart."

He mumbled, still drowsy from the sudden waking up. I laughed softly and patted his hand, getting up off the couch and pulling him to his feet.

"At least you're still decently energetic when we woke up at like 3:30 in the afternoon."

He continued to mumble, just resting his head on the kitchen island as I made us both brunch, as soon as Danny noticed what I was making he just smiled, continuing to keep his head on the counter. I just chuckled and shook my head, handing him his plate and sitting across from him with my own. After I finished eating my food I looked up to see Danny wearing his costume again, his hands on his hips.

"I'll have to go out for a while, but it won't be long!"

He hugged and kissed me goodbye, promising to be back as soon as possible. With Danny gone, I decided to go for a walk out if pure boredom, since I had just gotten back from the holidays with my friends, my parents were gone, and Danny was working, I had nothing to do. Though as I was walking, Danny sent me a photo of me walking in the woods, with a heart and then a small message of directions. As I followed the directions for what felt like hours, the grass became much softer toned than before, getting lighter and changing its colour the farther I walked. Eventually I got to a small field almost entirely covered with flowers and trees surrounding, then a hill that had a box and a bouquet of my favourite flowers sitting there. Immediately after noticing them I went over and sat down, reading the small card attached to the box.

'I can only use so many words in the dictionary to show you how much I love you. I love you so much that you are always on my mind, putting a smile on my face and making my heart skip a beat. There are so many ways to express my love, and I plan to show you just how much love I have for you for the rest of my life. I hope that my actions let you know the extent of my affection, adoration, and commitment for you. I want you to stay with me forever and I mean it, I have never been happier than how I am when I'm with you. I love you more than life itself, Y/N.♡︎'

His hand writing was especially neat, and the paper had miniature hearts in a pattern all over it in faint multicoloured pastels. I smiled to myself, sighing softly and turning to look back at the lower part of the field, and when I looked back to the box and bouquet, Danny was sitting beside me, the box and bouquet in front of us as he smiled awkwardly.

"I kinda wanted to do something for you again, and what better opportunity than today? Heh.."

His face was flushed as he just looked at me with a smile, his body tensing once I moved closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder, but he still wrapped his arm around my waist and hugged me to his side. We stayed like that for a while, both of us watching the sun slowly set, glowing over Woodsboro and the forests near it. Danny tensed again, mumbling something to himself before releasing my waist and turning to face me with his face still slightly red. Before he could say or do anything, I cupped his face in my hands and pulled him towards me in a kiss, which he hesitantly continued by holding my waist again and leaning into the kiss. Once our lips parted, he smiled at me and rested his forehead against mine with a slight chuckle.

"I love you so much, Y/N."

"I love you more, you dork."

And as the sunset faded to moonlight, our lips connected again.

847 words.

(A/N: I might rewrite this story. Sadly a shorter final chapter than I wanted, but it's still- ehhh, okay! I'm going to write more, since I have a list of characters I want to write about, but the next slasher/horror character on my list is Harry Warden! I'm going to be using the 2009 one [unfortunately since I prefer the originals], mainly because of identity issues with his characters in both movies.
[SPOILERS]
I personally think that the 2009 Harry Warden would fit fanfictions more due to the killer actually being Harry Warden, just him in control of a physical form instead of a copycat killer like in the original. Plus if I'm entirely honest, 2009 MBV has some pretty gorey 3D kills and I'd like to see how it is to write about some if they're included!)