Chapter Twelve

During class I had trouble focusing, I sat at the back of almost every class so it was even weirder with the fact that I felt like I was being watched. A pair of eyes on me, staring at me everywhere I went. A while into class, I looked at the note Oliver had given me earlier, reading it over again. I was interrupted by a tap on my shoulder, seeing a brunette girl with dark eyes peering at me.

"Hey, Y/N right? I'm Harper, the person throwing the party in two weeks..? I was wondering if you had any ideas on how it can be safer, to make sure there's more security due to the murders. I'm asking everyone that's arriving for their opinions on it, and of course we have the cameras and everything, and a certain alarm system that calls the police immediately."

She was surprisingly timid, comparing to how I'd heard about her. I pondered it for a moment, before looking to my notebook and flipping through the pages to see if there was anything about Jed that we could use to be against him. Once I found two to three things, I informed Harper about them and she jotted them down on her phone notes.

"Thanks Y/N! If you need anything just call or text me!"

She handed me a paper with her phone number on it before waving and running off as the bell rang. When I had gone to the courtyard to be driven by Carly with Lucy, I felt odd, like something was off. As soon as Liam and the others arrived it faded, making everything seem like a normal high school day.

"So Y/N, anything new today? The murders have slowed down, which is good."

Lucy tried making some small talk as we walked down the stairs and towards the parking lot, Elijah was silent the entire way until he and Liam separated from the rest of us so they could walk home. When Lucy and I got into Carly's sedan, she handed us both a paper, filled with things she was preparing for the party.

"Do you both want to help me make these? The foods will happen when we go to Harper's place, but the decorations and extra stuff can be made beforehand!"

We talked about the party almost the entire ride, we were oddly keen about the situation, despite how horribly the last party someone threw went.

414 words.