Chapter Twenty-One

(A/N: Not sure if this is warning-worthy spoilers for the 2021 movie Suicide Squad, but I'll just mention that part of this chapter has possible spoilers??)

When I finally woke up in the morning, a warm smell flooded through the room..bacon. I immediately sprang to my feet and headed for the kitchen, seeing Ava at the stove and cooking bacon eggs and toast for breakfast. We exchanged smiles as Ava left the stove to the fridge, handing me the lemonade jug and a glass from the cupboard.

"So, any nightmares or anything? Fortunately for us nobody's dead, right?"

"Don't jinx us, we never know."

After Ava finished breakfast, she went and woke everyone else up except for Liam, who was completely kipped and his head was somehow right in front of the fireplace. He woke up when everyone was prepared to watch more movies and look at the presents ironically, and he immediately ate his breakfast before we started. Majority of the presents that Ava gave out were overly expensive branded items along with Liam's. Elijah, Lucy, and Carly all had similar expensed gifts, which just made me tense since I didn't really focus on too many expensive items, just what I thought they would like. The present Danny had sent me, tons of romantically themed gifts, all of them having part in my interests. Once we finished with presents, Ava pulled everyone onto the couch and grabbed the remote, covering everyone in a large blanket. She swapped through multiple movies, eventually getting to the newest movie of Suicide Squad and asking everyone's approval before starting the movie. Liam was utterly in love with King Shark and The Polka-Dot Man, Elijah just liked Harley and PeaceMaker, Lucy enjoyed all the characters, and Carly just enjoyed Bloodsport and Ratcatcher 2. Ava didn't have an opinion, loving every character equally. (No clue if everyone[or some people] have seen the movie or even have a favourite character so I'm going to leave the reader's favourite character anonymous:))

"The Thinker guy or whoever looks like deranged Megamind with like USBs in his head to get more storage."

Elijah joked, laughing at all the weird jokes that were made in the movie. Everyone just chuckled at his comment, continuing to watch the movie. We continued to watch the movie, cringing at the 'project starfish''s projecting miniature starfish from it's....I don't even know what that area should be called. Liam practically cried when he thought that King Shark died, just sobbing his eyes out and having many voice cracks in between gasps when he was shown to be alive. All of us continued to laugh while the credits rolled after the first post-credit scene of weasel somehow surviving his drowning. After Suicide Squad was entirely over, we had a moment to calm down from the weirdly emotional roller-coaster of a movie then moved on to watch the two current Deadpool movies. We decided to stay another night at Ava's house considering we stayed together and didn't keep track of time, causing us to finally see that it was pretty much midnight, so we went to sleep in the living room again. The next day we all talked until around three in the afternoon, where as soon as I got home I put the new gifts away, cleaned up, and just decided to lay down on the couch until I had something to do. And surely enough, I felt a breeze enter the room moments after I was on the couch, then a familiar 'father death' mask peering at me.

"Hey Doll, you guys done with the holiday hangouts already?"

"Yeah, and my friends will probably ask to meet you since that gift revealing that I've been going out with someone."

He removed his mask and smiled, leaning over the couch even more and tilting his head at me.

"Speaking of...are we official..?"

His voice sounded shaky, obviously nervous for an answer. I smiled at him, seeing his expression change from worry to confusion, then to surprise when I nodded, held onto his shoulders and kissed him, having him almost immediately return the gesture. We stayed like that for a bit, then he just randomly backed out of it and covered his face in embarrassment, it was red.

"..That wasn't how I expected a confirmation.."

He mumbled, and in a split second he was sitting on the couch beside me and hugging me tightly, positioning his head so I wouldn't see his red face. I patted his back, just chuckling at the flustered serial killer. And to my surprise, he just laid backwards and held me with him on the couch while he kept his face hidden and continued to hold me. With the obvious realization that I wouldn't be able to leave, I just hugged him back and just closed my eyes, both of us falling asleep.

868 words.

(A/N: Shorter chapter than I wanted, but I'm tired asf and I wanted to publish a chapter ASAP, so- There'll be like 1-2 more chapters before I possibly start a different story, so I'm going to get as much of Danny as possible.)