Chapter Fifteen

As I walked through the woods and towards the pathway to the park it began to rain, not heavily but just softly enough that if you stood in it for too long you could still get soaked. I mentally cursed at myself for not bringing an umbrella, but eventually praised the thought seeing as an umbrella would most likely slow me down. Eventually I arrived closer to the park, cringing at myself eternally. My heart beat faster than before after I started to heard footsteps faintly underneath the sound of the leaves crunching under my shoes and the sound of the rain against the old rusted playground and pavement. When I arrived on the wood-chip ground of the playground I stayed completely still for a few minutes, listening for the extra pair of footsteps again. When I heard nothing, I softly sighed and looked at the playground's layout. I sauntered over to the swings, finding them not to be as rusted as the rest of the playground. I pursed my lips and sat down on one of the swing seats, hugging my arms to my chest in an attempt to comfort myself. About ten to fifteen minutes went by, almost pure silence at the park until I heard a rushed noise of wood-chips crunching right behind me. I somehow prevented myself from panicking, pushing off of the swing and turning around. My breathing was unsteady as I kept trying not to panic at the sight of the father-death mask with a figure almost 6'0 standing by the swing and tilting his head at me. His head cranked back to its original position as he stepped closer towards me and I took a step back, repeating until I couldn't move back anymore, stuck against the playground structure. He was only about 1-2 feet away from me, I mentally cringed at the sound of his breathing, I was not prepared for this in the slightest. After a few seconds, he sighed and his shoulders slumped down. Before he could speak, however, I cut him off.

"..Why..? Why'd you kill them..all of them..?"

His head perked up and he stood completely still for a moment.

"Well..Doll..To be honest I had my reasons, but that's obviously the things you want to know, so.. Okay.."

Doll? What the heck was with the nickname? He took a deep breath, standing upright again and making me sink backwards.

"Megan Pauline Romano, she wasn't as nice as you think, a real bitch, actually. Okay, well the real reason she invited you to that party was because of her being a bitch. Talked shit about you without even knowing how you really were. And that guy...that guy..Brent Jacob Lawson, I hated the way he made eyes at you..and proceeded to watch you and your friend, thinking about 'asking' you out.."

I raised an eyebrow, confused what he meant by that.

"Jess and the other 4 bodies that were found concealed in rooms that people hadn't gone in, they were all the same. One of them, Marc Gabe Yarrow, the only thing he wanted that had to do with you was to get into your pants. It pissed me off so much that..that I killed him, gave him a worse death than the others just for that."

His hands clenched into fists and I saw his thumb tapping against the side of his index finger with irritation. I felt my face redden a bit, why would a serial killer get mad if someone wanted to get into my pants...oh..wait no that couldn't be..

"Yeah. Well now you know why people around you are dying..heh.. uh..yeah."

He seemed confused at the fact I tilted my head slightly, and I could just barely see his eyes under his mask widen in surprise.

"This is honestly more awkward than I expected....."

He was right, it was awkward with total silence from me and him doing all the talking.

"Well, it's why I got mad about Marc and Brent. Brent made eyes at you and planned to 'ask' you out, Marc wanted to get into your pants.. They both pissed me off for a single reason. And those two days ago. I wasn't having a good night with Marc and all, I got so mad once I realized someone discovered the room Jess' body was in, and I didn't even realize it was you until you escaped I heard two familiar voices, Liam and Carly. ....Do you understand why I've been doing this now.?"

My knees felt week, I couldn't even force myself to believe what I just heard. I felt my eyes tearing up, but I forced them away. He stayed still, breathing laced with obvious anticipation. When I didn't respond and stood there in awe, he clasped his hands together and hummed.

"I get it, you're evidently scared, anyone would be if they found out that a serial killer was in love with them. But you shouldn't have to worry, if you make the right decisions and don't make me feel bad for you, then I can stop killing people adjacent to you! You wouldn't have to have a care in the world about risking your friend or family's lives in danger, only the people that are obviously too kind to be true that you believe.. You're someone I would never imagine myself falling in love with, it isn't easy for me to love someone after all. But it's something about you, it drives me insane—well more insane than I already am. Make the right decisions with people, and try not to make my heart hurt seeing you upset or being manipulated, I'm trusting you to be smart with your options."

In the blink of an eye he was gone, and there was a small heart paper on the ground, replacing where he stood beforehand. When I picked up the paper I saw that it had his supposed phone number on it, with the words "call me♡︎" underneath. It was so weird, I find out that Megan wasn't really as nice as she came off, Jess and her friends were just like her and one of them only had the intention to get in my pants, Brent had the intention to possibly do something like he had apparently done to other young people are around my age, and that a serial killer—GHOSTFACE, was in love with me!! I didn't know whether to feel flattered or fearful, seeing as he went from the subject of why he killed people to him being in love with me. I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight..

1144 words.

(A/N: Finally got to the confession!!:D I've honestly waited to get to this part- Losts of spelling mistakes, working on that-)