Chapter Five

It didn't make sense, the murders came to a stop then all of a sudden that man is killed?! It's horribly disgusting someone would be doing this, just killing people for no reason. The police think this is the work of the Ghostface killer, seeing as the man had a phone in his hand last, but that'd be bullshit, Liam wasn't right about the story he told us the first day we met, he couldn't be right! I stayed still, completely in awe as my parents came down the stairs.

"Y/N what's the matter?"

Mom went to the kitchen to make me breakfast as my dad stood beside me.

"Y/N, please go to your room. You don't need to see anything like this."

Entirely reticent, I went back up the stairs and sat on my bed. I hardly even noticed that Elijah was spamming the group-chat. Mentally groaning, I reached over to my phone and opened the texting app.

Elijah: Are you both alright?! We saw the murder on the news and it was at the same amusement park you two went to!!

Carly: Yeah, we're okay. I drove Y/N home at around 12:00am. I don't know why all of these murders are important, I mean, murders happen all year long every year, what's so special about these ones?

Liam: It's because of the killing style, what the Ghostface killers are known for. Gutting people, phones, quick but disturbing deaths?? You guys need to watch the Stab movies, they make for a good documentary along with the actual ones.

What do you mean? No way the Ghostface killer or killers are actually alive?!

Ava: You guys are so stupid. Y/N and Carly are obviously going through stuff at the moment, someone from the amusement park they were just at was found dead and gutted. It isn't a good time to start talking about those stupid serial killers.

Elijah: Since when do you say stuff to comfort people?

Ava: A while ago, actually.

I sighed and turned off my phone, collapsing backwards on my bed. I was about to drift off to sleep until my phone went off from someone calling me.

"Guys, can you stop?? I'm trying to sleep!"

There was complete silence, my lips pursed with utter annoyance as it was just faint breathing on the other end. Huffing, I hung up and threw my phone on the bed beside me, just staring at the ceiling now. I was just about to drift off until my phone rang again. I completely strained my hands in annoyance and answered.

"Hello?!"

My voice was laced in anger, I expected it to be another prank call with the stupid breathing on the other end. I was so wrong.

"What number is this?"

480 words.

(A/N: Finally got to the part! A mysterious phone call:D)