Chapter 5: Disordered

(Y/n) POV:

It has been a week since the training disaster, and that was really the only word for it. The team has barely spoken to one another. We are being forced through therapy conducted by Black Canary, I'm still struggling to believe the whole thing. Could M'gann really be that powerful? Powerful enough to rip control away from Manhunter? I mean what else don't we know about her?

The team gathered in the kitchen, awaiting our therapy session with Black Canary. Everyone was spread out throughout the kitchen, we couldn't even bring ourselves to look at one another.

I was the only one on the team who did anything related to work, I don't think I need to talk to Canary. I was the first one to die in our simulation so I missed out on all the trauma of watching everyone die.

I started by looking through old SHD files and reports of criminal activity on my laptop. I wasn't really looking for anything, I just wanted to keep my mind from thinking about the simulation and the depressed team.

I shuffled papers around for the third time in a minute while I waited for a file to load, me making the only sound in the room must have angered Wally who was unusually tense after his meeting with Canary.

Wally: "WOULD YOU GIVE IT A BREAK ALREADY!"

I just stared at Wally with an annoyed look on my face. He's sweating and looks like he's on the verge of a panic attack.

Wally: "You've been doing the same thing over and over again for the past week and haven't said a word!"

(Y/n): "Neither has anyone else..."

Wally: "Well you could talk to us about it, see how we handled your "death"! I mean the team was traumatized! You're our friend and you're showing zero emotion that you died!"

(Y/n): "Wally, it wasn't real! Not to mention I'm really trying not to think about it. It makes it easier."

Canary: "No, it doesn't."

Canary was standing in the doorway behind my back so I have no idea how long she was listening to Wally and I but I imagine she heard most of it.

Canary: "(Y/n) it's time..."

(Y/n): "Let's get this over with."

I stood up and walked past Wally hitting his shoulder on the way by. Canary led me to a room just off the library. It was a nice private reading area that I hadn't spent much time in before. There are two nice chairs positioned across from one another and Canary motioned for me to take a seat.

Canary: "Wally is right."

Oh great, here we go just what I want. I don't even need to be here. I was the first one to die and missed out on all the fun of watching everyone I care about die.

(Y/n): "I died in this simulation. I was in a coma for most of it. I missed out on all the joy of the trauma."

Canary: "Maybe, but think about what they went through. Batman told me you don't have a family, that your entire world revolves around that watch. Now you finally get to experience a family, and they come to care about you. Then you die, vaporized in front of them, in front of everyone who cares about you."

I still can't even imagine what they went through but I have no idea how to even open up to them.

(Y/n): "How am I even supposed to open up to them about that. I can't even imagine what they went through. Not only did they watch me die, but they watched one another fall in battle after you, the Justice League, died fighting the same enemy. As they died they thought they failed, they thought you failed. You guys are the most powerful organization on the planet and the Team died thinking they let you down, that they failed you. How am I supposed to relate to that and get them to open up to me."