Chapter 9: Coldhearted

3rd person POV:

Zatanna and (Y/n) emerged from the zeta tube laughing and playfully pushing each other. They were both soaking wet from the melted snow and each had some snow in their hair. Zatanna's dress was soaked from the waist down, (Y/n)'s coat which she still wore was also completely soaked. Her hair was a mess from the snowball fight but she didn't care.

The agent was dripping wet from being tackled to the ground and laying there. The two looked like they just jumped into a pool before teleporting home.

The entrance of (Y/n) and Zatanna interrupted every team member and Black Canary, who was getting ready to leave after training the team for the day. Canary stood closer to (Y/n) and Zatanna than the team and was the first to comment on the two being soaking wet.

Canary: "You two went out for dinner, why are you soaked and what happened to your hair?"

Canary's comment gained the attention of the entire team who all walked to her side awaiting a response. Zatanna and (Y/n) instantly stopped laughing and began to stutter out an answer as they began to blush hard.

Zatanna: "W-we uhh"

(Y/n): "Well... w-we had a snowball fight."

Canary: "Ok... I'm glad you two had fun."

Canary walked past the two and teleported away. The team now stepped closer, surrounding (Y/n) and Zatanna asking their own questions.

Wally: "Sure a 'snowball fight', are you sure you two didn't do anything else that- Oww!"

Artemis elbowed Wally in the gut stopping his question before he finished it and glaring at him angrily. Zatanna and (Y/n) denied everything Wally insinuated before being cut off by M'gann who was eager to find out how dinner went.

M'gann: "How was the date?"

Wally: "Whoa beautiful, they aren't telling us they're dating, just that they went to 'dinner'."

Zatanna: "Wait what?!"

Dick: "Oh come on, it's obvious."

Zatanna: "Fine, the 'date' was amazing"

M'gann: "What did you guys do?"

Zatanna: "We had dinner, met some nice people and danced."

M'gann: "You danced?!"

Zatanna: "Ya, (Y/n)'s actually a great slow dancer and taught me."

M'gann: "Oh you're telling us all about it!"

M'gann hugged Zatanna forcing her to let go of (Y/n)'s arm, which she had held since they teleported to the cave. M'gann then led Zatanna away with Artemis as they talked about the date.

(Y/n) was left with Dick, Wally, Conner and Kaldur.

Wally: "So wanna tell us what really happened."

(Y/n): "Zatanna told the truth."

Wally: "Sure but did you guys leave out anything you want to share? I've had snowball fights before and you never get that wet unless you're laying down, and I don't think you were trying to ambush Zatanna."

(Y/n): "I fell."

Wally: "Sure you did, and what about Zatanna. She was wearing your coat, which I get because it's cold, but she was soaked too."

(Y/n): "I guess we'll never know. That is unless you take Artemis on a similar date."

Wally: "Artemis?!"

Dick thought that was hilarious and started his signature laughing but I wasn't going to let Wally suffer alone.

(Y/n): "Or you could take Barbara on one. Don't pretend like I haven't seen you texting her, whoever she is."