Chapter 83: Gotham City

(A/N):

I'm so sorry for the delay, life happened and I've been fairly busy.

Thanks for sticking with me over the school year and the slump in uploads, I hope to change that over the summer.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the chapter. Thanks for the votes and I appreciate all the comments you guys leave.

This chapter is largely unedited so if you find a spelling mistake, don't hesitate to point it out and I'll get around to fixing it eventually.

Have a good one.

MattFromWii

————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

*Gotham City*

Rain poured down as lightning flashed in the sky. The red sky had faded and returned to normal as the magical aura around the city faded with the destruction of the Upside Down Man. Alani Kelso and her small army of Division Agents took full advantage of the opportunity and mounted up in their trucks.

The small convoy of delivery trucks rumbled down the abandoned highway leading to Gotham City. Inside the back of the trucks, Division Agents were crammed together, performing their final weapon checks.

ISAC: "Hostile communication intercepted."

Kelso nodded to a nearby agent and tapped a few buttons on her watch, smiling down at the familiar orange ring.

The intercepted radio communication played out for the agents to hear, ISAC's mechanical voice filling the truck.

"Hey boss, we've got several trucks coming towards the city. How do you want us to handle it?"

Punchline: "Our Emperor is getting ready for the games to begin. Kill whoever this is."

"Copy that, we'll take care of them."

Kelso: "Alright, here we go."

—————————————————————————

Zatanna, Wally and (Y/n) arrived at the nearest Zeta Tube to Roanoke Island. The magician was flying the group through the air as Wally was still drained of energy.

Zatanna: "Wally, are you sure you're up for this? You still don't look good."

The speedster forced a smile to his lips as he wiped a substantial amount of sweat from his forehead.

Wally: "I'll be okay. Plus, you'll need my help."

(Y/n): "Wally, we can't be looking out for you in there. It'll be us three against every criminal in Gotham, they have our friends as hostages. We can't hold back."

Wally: "Trust me, please."

Silence fell over the alleyway, as the married couple looked at their friend with a concerned gaze. Despite all reason and rationale, the pair relented and gave in to the speedsters wishes.

(Y/n): "Alright, Wally. We trust you, just be ready."

————————————————————————

*Unknown Location*

Artemis groaned as she woke up, her head was spinning and vision clouded. The cool temperature of her cell caused a shiver to run through her body.

Her stomach ached, though her captors had fed her, it was barely enough to get through the day.

She had lost count of the amount of times she'd been moved. Joker and Punchline had been moving around the city, gathering an enormous amount of resources, though she had no idea why.