Chapter 23: Yet Another Tragedy

(Y/n) POV *4 Months Later*

I've been apartment shopping the last three months. I decided that it's better if I only sleep at the Cave when necessary to give the impression that I'm not as close to the League as I appear to be. Waller will know the truth but it will be harder for her to convince any other government official. The team reluctantly agreed with my assessment. Zatanna was saddened at first, but I think she's realized that I'm going to ask her to move in with me after I find a place.

I think I've finally settled on an apartment, well more like a penthouse. It's in Gotham and is atop one of the few buildings not owned by Wayne, Queen, Luthor or Cobblepot. It's smaller when compared to other penthouses but I like it. I have more than enough to afford it as working for the CIA comes with a lot of perks.

The main living area has a great view of Gotham, it only has one bedroom with an en suite and bathroom beside the main door

The main living area has a great view of Gotham, it only has one bedroom with an en suite and bathroom beside the main door. The kitchen is rather small but perfect for two people. I put in the purchase request and the SHD technicians fitted it with everything I'll need. In the hallway to the main door there is a large cabinet that contains emergency gear and weapons. Another cabinet of similar style is in the bedroom closet. I received a call earlier today from the technicians. The apartment is ready for me and I'll I need to do is stop by the front desk and grab the keys.

I walked out of my now empty room and made my way to the main area of the Cave. The entire team was huddled in a circle. Wally was the first to see me.

Wally: "Hey (Y/n)! Come check out Dick's new uniform!"

They made a small gap for me to join the huddle and in the center of our group stood Dick in his new costume. He had been talking about leaving Batman's side as Robin and moving on to become his own hero for some time now. Looks like he finally made the move. The suit is black with some padding on the shoulders, knees and elbows with the only colour being the blue bird symbol on his chest.

(Y/n): "Very nice

(Y/n): "Very nice... I'm guessing you're going by a new code name, "Robin" won't exactly work with that look."

Dick: "Yep, code name Nightwing."