Chalter 30: Before the Dawn - Cornered

(Y/n) POV:

*Star City, Ports*

The lack of security surrounding the ports is astonishing. I don't think I've seen a single security guard or police officer in the four hours I've been here. The bio-ship hasn't moved in those four hours, and I've been staring down at a squad of Black Mantas soldiers guarding a small fenced area full of abducted teens.

Batgirl and Robin went undercover as abducted teens. I wasn't a fan of this plan to say the least. They dropped down into the small fenced-in area, causing the captive teens to jump. Batgirl and Robin quickly calmed the crowd and blended in as if they'd been there the entire time.

The plan is for us to follow the Manta Flyer in the bio-ship until we locate the Light's partner. It could work, but if we do find the Lights partner there's no telling what we will face. That reasoning helped me convince Dick to allow me to bring agents Ann and Sutton.

What I didn't tell Dick is that Admiral Halsey has split up the massive fleets of the JFT into small strike forces and sent them to patrol the oceans of the world. I'm bringing an active tracker with me so that Halsey can pinpoint our exact location and blow the Lights partner out of the water.

We've been following them for several minutes now, the water is getting darker the further we travel below the surface. Ann, Sutton and I walk out from the back room. We are all fully dressed in our new combat gear.

Wonder Girl: "Woah, I didn't think we'd be getting support on this mission."

(Y/n): "You aren't."

Sutton: "You're our support."

Ann laughs as I pull my goggles up and onto my helmet. Nightwing smiled at me in an attempt to reassure me that I made the right choice leaving Zatanna's side at the hospital. He failed. I pulled my neck gaiter down so everyone could see my face.

Nightwing: "They're leading us to Lagoon Boy and the others."

Wonder Gir: "How can you be sure?"

(Y/n): "He isn't. He's hoping."

Nightwing: "I was going to say wishful thinking."

Wonder Girl: "And the abductee shipment at the docks. How's you know about that?"

Nightwing: "Aquaman came across the intel while searching for La'gaan."

(Y/n): "They're slowing down."

Nightwing: "Wait, what's that up ahead!"

ISAC: "Unknown energy signature detected."

Wonder Girl: "Energy signature? What could that be?"

(Y/n): "I'm guessing it's that spaceship."

A very large alien spaceship came into view. It's shaped like a football with two spires angling out the back then flattening to be parallel with the main ship.

 It's shaped like a football with two spires angling out the back then flattening to be parallel with the main ship