Chapter 49: Markovia

3rd Person POV:

Zatanna and Kelso arrived at Kelso's home. The small house was in a nice quiet neighborhood and had a decent size front and backyard. Palm trees littered the sides of the street and Zatanna couldn't help but feel relaxed.

Kelso locked her car and opened the front door, letting Zatanna inside before locking the door behind them.

Kelso: "(Y/n) didn't give me any specific details, he just said that he needed me to watch over you for a few days. Care to fill me in?"

Zatanna: "I'm having bad dreams... nightmares."

Kelso: "....Okay. Like magic dreams, or just normal ones?"

Zatanna: "Magic dreams? No, I don't know... I just have a bad feeling about them."

Kelso: "Okay, no problem. Kitchen is fully stocked so help yourself. I'll go set up the guest room and then you can unpack."

Zatanna: "Thank you."

As Kelso went down into the small basement to find the spare mattress, Zatanna looked through the kitchen to find something to eat.

Outside, John Constantine appeared on the roof of the house across the street. Once the purple fire died down, the magic user crouched down and gazed across the street.

Constantine immediately found his target. From his spot on the roof, Constantine could see Zatanna in the kitchen, making popcorn and pouring drinks for her and Kelso.

Constantine smiled and made sure the next step of his plan was ready.

————————————————————————

*Markovia*

(Y/n) POV:

I hate this plan. Dick knows I hate it and he's still making me do it.

I'm currently riding in the Supercycle with Conner and Jefferson. Dick stuck me on security detail, watching our gear that will be stashed in the Markovian national cemetery. I'm stuck there until Artemis and Dick are done at the Prince's coronation reception.

While I'm sitting in the cemetery, Conner and Jefferson will be moving to the Markovburg Children's Hospital, a short drive away.

We arrived at the cemetery without any issues. The Supercycle landed and Conner and I began unloading the gear while Jefferson checked the perimeter.

Conner: "Have you watched Gar's latest commercial?"

(Y/n): "Commercial? I thought he was starring on a TV show. What was it called, Space Trek?"

Conner: "Yeah, but he's been doing a bunch of interviews and commercials, raising awareness for meta-human trafficking."

(Y/n): "You're trying to get me to watch it, aren't you?"

Conner: "Well, he's done a couple of interviews and seeing as you'll have nothing else to do here..."

(Y/n): "Fine."

Conner: "You might be surprised."

I've got no idea what Conner means by that but I guess I'll know soon enough.

After we finished unloading the gear, Conner and Jefferson took the Supercycle and left for the children's hospital.

I sat down on one of the crates full of our gear and took out my phone. Conner sent me a link to the commercials and interviews before leaving and I sighed before clicking on the first one.

The next thing I knew I was looking at Gar in his Space Trek costume walking through the main set of the show.

Gar: "On the Engager, if Clamulons capture our crew mates, we move heaven and earth to find them. But this year alone, over 16,000 child and teen abductions have been reported world wide due to the illegal trafficking of meta-humans. Please, watch over your children. And remember, if you see something, scream something."