Chapter 31: A Strange Feeling

(Y/n) POV:

I left the meeting with Nightwing and we went to the S.T.A.R labs cafeteria to get something to eat. Zatanna and Black Canary weren't far behind us. Captain Atom stayed with Blue Beetle and Impulse to learn all he can about Impulse's prophecy.

My adrenaline from the fight and confrontation with Tseng is starting to wear off. My body is slowly starting to ache more and more and by the time I got to the cafeteria I wanted to collapse. Nightwing was getting a cup of coffee and noticed me struggling to lower myself into a chair. I was almost down when a violent and sharp pain ran through my left shoulder and I dropped down into the chair.

Nightwing: "(Y/n)! What's wrong?"

(Y/n): "Ahh! I'm not a Kryptonian, Dick. I can't walk off being thrown into a wall!"

Nightwing was taken back by my sudden snap of anger. I instantly felt guilty about it, Dick only wanted to help.

(Y/n): "I'm sorry, it's just been a rough couple of days. Everything hurts, Dick."

Zatanna and Black Canary walk in and both notice the pain I'm in.

Nightwing: "Couple of days? You've had one hell of a week! It doesn't look like you've gotten any sleep since we rescued Zatanna. That was almost four days ago."

(Y/n): "I'm fine, I just need an ibphrophin."

Black Canary: "No you're not fine! No sleep for four days and three massive fights in that time. Not to mention you were thrown around like a rag doll at the Hall."

(Y/n): "I had everything under control, I was stalling. It was all part of the plan, ask Conner."

Nobody seemed to like my sarcastic tone, Black Canary continued to stare at me with her intimidating gaze, Zatanna was just now piecing together what I'd been through in the past three days and Nightwing was just as concerned as Zatanna.

Black Canary: "Oh I'll be sure to. In the meantime how about you go get some rest."

(Y/n): "Well it has been a very long time since I've slept in my own bed."

Zatanna: "It will be nice to see our place again."

Nightwing: "Wow you guys are going to hate me, you're staying at Wayne Manor."

(Y/n): "What?! Why?!"

Nightwing: "Don't tell me you forgot about Natalya and the Clairvoyant."

(Y/n): "Don't tell me you believe the Clairvoyant is real."

Zatanna: "You don't?!"

(Y/n): "We had lunch three times at the same restaurant the week before Kaldur kidnapped you. If the Clairvoyant was really a telepath his operatives would've attacked us there."

Nightwing: "Regardless, you're staying at the manor. You're both incredibly injured and Alfred can keep an eye on you."

(Y/n): "Great, now we have a baby sitter."

Black Canary: "Something tells me you'll survive."

*Small Time Skip*

Dick drove Zatanna and I to the manor after quickly stopping at our apartment for clothes. The place is huge, I mean I expected it to be but it blew away my expectations.

Alfred was waiting for us at the front door, he might be the one person in the world more intimidating than Batman.

Alfred: "Ms. Zatara, Mr. (L/n). What a pleasure it is to see you're both alright."

Zatanna: "Hello Alfred. Sorry for having to stay here."

Alfred: "Nonsense my dear, I could use the company."