Chapter 66: Death of the Division

(A/N): Hello there, sorry for the massive delay in getting this chapter uploaded.

As I previously stated, Christmas is an incredibly busy time of year for me and I've had almost no time to write or edit anything.

Fortunately my school is wrapping up for the holidays and I will have a bit of free time to catch up. I'm hoping to return to weekly uploads but don't get your hopes up as it's probably not going to happen.

Looking forward to the rest of the month I'm hoping to get one more regular chapter posted before I upload the Christmas themed one shot chapter I have written. The Christmas Special takes place during season 1 and has no connection to the rest of the book with the exception of a few references. I won't say anything else about that at the moment but I'm hoping you'll enjoy it.

This chapter was hastily edited because I wanted to get it uploaded as soon as possible and I knew if I put it off for another day I wouldn't get to it until the weekend. So I apologize for any mistakes grammar wise and enjoy the chapter.

Thanks for all your support, it means a lot.

- MattFromWii

—————————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

*Hollywood, Outsider's Penthouse*

Beast Boy: "What?! What do you mean we can't stop them!? We have to try!"

Kelso: "No, what we have to do is get out of here and regroup. We need to know who our allies are and what's going on."

Superboy: "We've got a problem."

Superboy tucked his phone into his pocket and activated the holographic computer, turning on a GBS broadcast. An image of the White House immediately popped up, it was a cell phone recording from the fence line. The video showed that the east wing of the building was smoking and military vehicles were spread all across the lawn.

Cat Grant: "Ladies and Gentlemen, if you're just joining us then you're looking at one of the darkest days in this country's history. Several minutes ago we observed a small explosion inside the White House. Military forces have already surrounded the Capitol Building, blocking all access and closing the airspace. We do know that both the House and the Senate were in session when the military arrived. GBS sources have reported small gunfights at the Pentagon and Norfolk naval base."

The camera cut back at Cat Grant in the studio as she was being handed a piece of paper. She carefully read it before placing it down on the desk before her.

Cat: "It appears the government has finally issued a statement. This statement is short but gets directly to the point. It reads as follows."

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is with a heavy heart that I inform you that the President, Vice President and Speaker of the House, have all been murdered in an attempted coup d'état. With this devastating blow to our leadership the National Security Council has taken control of the armed forces in order to put down this violent insurgency. The criminals responsible for the deaths of our elected officials are none other than the agents of the Division. From this point forward, every single Division agent is considered a traitor to the United States of America. The National Security Council has enacted martial law and we will bring an end to the Division and restore order to this country. We encourage all Division agents to surrender if they weren't part of this treacherous act. Thank you and god bless, Felix Blake."

An eerie silence overtook the penthouse and the GBS studio. Everyone clearly saw through the lie but we're far too stunned to speak. Eventually Wonder Girl broke the silence.