Chapter 75: Paradise Under Siege

(A/N): Hello there!

Sorry for the delay in getting this chapter uploaded. It's final exam season for me and I've been fairly busy studying.

I hope you enjoy the chapter, I appreciate all your support.

-MattFromWii

———————————————————————

3rd Person POV:

The entire night was a blur. The cold wrapped around her body and froze her to her core. She wanted to fight against the waves, call out for (Y/n), anything to get herself out of this terrible situation. Despite her wants, it took every ounce of strength she had left to remain conscious.

Her body was thrown around, tossed from wave to wave as rain poured down with an impressive fury.

Waves as tall as buildings crashed down on her, sending her deep underwater before throwing her back up above the water. 

Using what little energy she had left, Zatanna pushed herself above a wave and gasped for air. Thunder roared as a bright flash of lightning lit up the night sky.

Her eyes became heavy as another massive wave crashed down onto her and despite her best efforts, Zatanna was knocked unconscious.

———————————————————————

(Y/n): "ZATANNA!"

(Y/n) struggled to stay above the massive waves, fighting to remain conscious as the storm tossed his body around.

His eyes widened when he saw the shattered table floating several feet away. He swam towards it as fast as he could, grabbing onto it and hauling himself up and laying on his stomach.

The former agent's heart rate skyrocketed when he scanned his surroundings the best he could. He couldn't find any trace of Zatanna and his mind was already jumping to worst case scenarios.

The storm didn't show any signs of slowing down. Wave after wave smashed against the agent, some taller than a house and coming from all directions. It was as if the entire storm was working against him.

Rain hammered against the sea, coming down with an impressive force unlike anything (Y/n) had ever seen.

Suddenly darkness covered his body as a wave the size of a three story building began crashing down on him. Within a second he was washed off the small piece of wood and swept away into the sea.

———————————————————————

*8 Hours Later*

The sun shone on a beautiful beach as two women in Greek armor rode horses along a beach.

The youngest girl was a familiar face to the heroes. Wonder Girl had taken a break from her duties as an Outsider to return to Themyscira.

Wonder Girl: "I don't get why I need to be here for training, the League and the Outsiders have facilities that are just as good."

The older woman sighed. She had long blonde hair with silver strands mixed in. She wore a gold chest plate and a white gown with a golden crown on her head. Her tired eyes scanned the horizon and watched as a massive storm rumbled hundreds of miles off shore.

Hippolyta: "My daughter has done a wonderful job training you to be a hero in man's world. But you are an Amazon, so you must master our world as well. We've let your training in our traditional weapons linger for too long. Not to mention the gods are uneasy, it is times like these when we must be ready."