Chapter 6: Secrets

(Y/n) POV:

The days following the talk Zatanna and I had were great. She decided to stay on the Team and we spent most of the day together when she was with the Team. I think Dick told Wally about our conversation in the kitchen, either that or he was taking notice of Zatanna and I spending every second she was with the Team together.

The Team prepared for a Halloween party at the local high school in Happy Harbour. M'gann and Conner go to the school but everyone else attends other schools. Sometimes I wish that I had the option to attend a normal school and have a normal life, I don't even know what I missed out on. Not to mention I never had a social life outside of following Maxwell around whenever he went to parties full of major political figures in Washington. I never ate or drank there, I strictly followed him around and only answered questions Maxwell let me, so to say I have no idea how to party with people my age is an understatement.

I wasn't really looking forward to this party. I had no idea what I was going to dress up as or what to actually do when I got there. I ended up picking up an American G.I outfit from WW2. I have no idea why the costume was in storage at Langley but nobody would miss it that's for sure.

Zatanna said she was going as a witch, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited to go out with her. We agreed to meet up at her house before going to the Cave.

I arrived at Zatanna's house and was greeted by Zatara. They had a nice house just outside Gotham city. The two story house wasn't too big but a nice size. I could tell Zatara put some work into maintaining it, either with magic or manual labour. Zatara stood on the front porch with a broom sweeping some leaves that had gathered up on the porch.

Zatara: "Hello (Y/n), your costume looks great."

(Y/n): "Hi Zatara, thanks a lot."

I fixed the metal helmet so it was sitting properly on my head and let the long strap hang down like I've seen in the few movies I've gotten to watch.

Zatara: "I appreciate you talking with Zatanna, she seemed to have largely gotten over her fear after talking with you."

I didn't think that Zatanna would have told her dad about that and I was caught completely unprepared to talk about it. I could feel my face getting redder as my mind wandered to the night I held Zatanna in my room. Her grip on my shirt, her own beautiful figure pressed against my body and her soft sobbing that morphed into steady breathing over time. Zatara let out a small laugh when he noticed my right red face.

(Y/n): "Oh, uhh ya, it's no problem. I'm happy to help and feel bad that she and the others went through that."

Zatanna walked out the front door to the steps where Zatara and I were talking. A massive smile formed on her face when she saw me and I couldn't help but smile back.

Zatanna: "Hey (Y/n). Alright dad, I'll see you later."

Zatara: "Ok, have fun and be safe."

Zatanna and I began our walk to the closet zeta tube. It wasn't very far but I took every chance I got to look at Zatanna's witch outfit. The costume had a dress that went down to just above her knees where her boots stockings came up to. The dress was ripped and jagged at the bottom and the hat was bent over and wrinkled. To top us off she wore a red belt that helped the costume show off her curves and had white gloves with fake blood stains on them.

(Y/n): "You look great, I love the costume."

Zatanna: "Thanks."

My compliment made her smile and laugh. I'd give anything to see her smile, she's just so full of joy. Before I got a chance to ask what was so funny she started talking and gently flicked my metal helmet.