Chapter 15: Usual Suspects

(Y/n) POV:

We arrived back at the cave and stood before Batman, Back Canary, Red Tornado and Icon. Robin and I were about to face the wrath of Batman. To put it lightly he won't happy that we hacked into the Justice Leagues computer system to get the alert before they did.

Batman: "Tell me if this sounds familiar, you used government technology to hack League systems, disobeyed protocol and endangered your lives. And your initiative resulted in the capture of three escaped felons proving Warden Strange runs Belle Reve as a cover for criminal activity. Well done."

We were shocked to say the least. I did not exactly expect to get congratulated on a job well done after disobeying most of the protocols Batman put in place. The team looked at one another and everyone had the same look of disbelief on their face.

Batman: "And then there's this. Biotechnology integrated with some form of nano-circuitry."

Icon: "Though I am unfamiliar with this species, the bio component is clearly not of earth."

Batman: "We'll take it to the Watchtower for further study."

The members of the League teleported away to the Watchtower for their induction party. As the Team watched them leave I could only hope the conversation that was going to come next could end well.

Robin: "You realize we were set up."

Aqualad: "Yes, Cheshire and Riddler were tipped and ready for us."

Artemis: "Not the mole thing again."

Rocket: "Hang on. Mole thing? Again?"

Kid Flash: "We had intel that there was a traitor on the team."

Superboy: "Mainly Artemis, M'gann or me!"

Aqualad: "It is more complicated than that. But your recent behaviour does concern me. Your attack on Mammoth nearly got Artemis killed."

Conner was walking away from the team when he suddenly stopped and grabbed his head in pain. I moved in front of Zatanna and Wally and began slowly approaching Conner with my hand on my pistol in its holster. I stopped a few feet in front of the Team.

It all made sense, at least it somewhat did. He acted the same on Thanksgiving, then returned and had full Kryptonian powers in the missions that followed. According to Artemis, Dick and Roy he recovered incredibly fast when they faced Metamorpho, faster than Superman. I'm willing to bet that Conner isn't telling us something incredibly important and that's more than enough of a reason for me to be on edge about.

(Y/n): "Want to tell us what's going on?"

Conner froze and turned to face me, a look of anger in his eyes.

Aqualad: "Superboy?"

He slowly looked down before lifting his gaze back to the team and speaking.

Superboy: "There's something I need to do. Something I need to tell you. Last month on Thanksgiving, I went back to Cadmus and found a few things out. When I was cloned, only half the DNA was Superman's. The other half was human..."

I couldn't see the team as I was standing in front of them but I was slightly less shocked about this than they were. I could hear a few gasps come from behind me as Conner continued.

Superboy: "That's why I don't have, will never have full Kryptonian powers."

Robin: "You sure? Cause you sure seemed to have them today."

Superboy: "I've been using these. Shields, they suppress my human DNA. I get the flight, the heat vision but I think I also get angry. Well angrier."

Conner lifted up his sleeve to show a red shield the same shape as the one on Superman's chest.