Chapter 8: A Trip to Paris

3rd person POV:

Oslo, Norway, November 10th

A figure walked throughout the crowded streets of Oslo, they wore a grey winter coat with black pants and boots. The snow crunched under the weight of their steps. Though they didn't appear different from anyone else in the crowd, even having the same coat as some that passed by, this individual is the most dangerous person on the planet. They turned down an alley beside the Norwegian branch of the Four Seasons George V. In that alley they met someone familiar to a certain butler in Gotham and a Division agent working with the Justice League.

???: "Do you have the information?"

Maxwell stepped out of the shadows to face the hooded individual.

Maxwell: "No I don't, but I know where to find it."

???: "You are the leader of that organization, how do you not have it?"

Maxwell: "I'm not an agent. I'm the station chief for the Division, so more of a glorified supervisor than a leader. To get the information you will need to access their network and download the file on Operation Nightlight. When I obtained the information I hid it in that file, it's from the early 60's so it won't get discovered."

???: "Do you have a plan for accessing the network?"

Maxwell: "No, but I do have the location of our youngest agent. He's relatively isolated and it shouldn't be a problem for you to get access to the network from him."

???: "Age isn't normally a factor when dealing with these agents. How young is this guy?"

Maxwell: "I've managed to embed him with the Justice Leagues sidekicks through an old friend. He's the same age as them."

???: "You have an 18 year old agent sitting with the Justice League, and that's the easiest agent to get access too?"

Maxwell: "Yes, he's young but he is incredibly skilled. Use the watch I provided, it will allow you to hack into their security systems and get access to their base."

???: "And he's 18?"

Maxwell: "He's a graduate of the same program you are."

???: "It's still running?"

Maxwell: "No we started it back up just for him and closed it down right after he graduated. Though we didn't tell him about it, just that we provided him with an 'advanced education' for his above average intelligence."

???: "Alright, anything else I need to know?"

Maxwell: "Yes, the board of directors wants the time table moved up. Can you do it?"

???: "No idea. Depends on how my chat with our young friend goes."

The mysterious figure walks back onto the street as Maxwell turns and heads back into the hotel through a service entrance, both men excited for what was soon to come.

(Y/n) POV:

I woke up really early in the morning. I was still in my uniform from yesterday's fight. I checked the time and saw it was 6:10. A bit earlier than when I normally get up, but it doesn't look like I'll be moving anytime soon. Zatanna was still sleeping with her head resting on my chest, I didn't want to move and risk waking her up.

She looked so calm and peaceful at the moment. I hated seeing her all broken and sad like how she was yesterday. I rested my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. I might as well get some sleep, it's kinda nice laying with Zatanna. I really hope she's good to go to dinner later today, maybe it will distract her from the pain she's feeling. I slowly drifted back to sleep listening to the steady breathing of Zatanna.