Chapter 35: Reunited

3rd Person POV:

(Immediately after Mongul's capture)

Zatanna collapsed onto the roof of the Tower of Fate. After fighting off Wotan's attack with Nightwing, Superboy, Black Canary and Green Arrow, then immediately shifting to using the tower's magic to help defend the earth from the Warworld, she was exhausted.

She desperately wanted to call (Y/n) but needed to rest. She gave up trying to force herself up after several failed attempts at sitting up and rested her head on the cold stone roof of the tower. A split second later she passed out.

*Two Days Later*

???: "Zatanna?!"

???: "Zatanna, wake up!"

The magician shot up and gasped. She instantly felt hungry, sore and every part of her body was stiff. When her vision cleared she saw Black Canary and Green Arrow beside her. They were both holding her shoulders and back, ensuring that she couldn't fall back.

Black Canary: "Are you okay?"

Zatanna: "Yeah... yeah I'm alright. That level of magic, it takes everything out of you. I... I just need a minute to catch my breath."

Green Arrow: "You've been out for two days. Captain Atom and Nightwing sent us here to find you after you didn't check in."

Zatanna: "Two days?!"

Black Canary: "Come on, let's get you out of here. There's a lot to talk about."

The Emerald Archer and his Pretty Bird helped Zatanna up. They began walking down the steps of the Tower and towards the exit that appeared before them on the next floor. Zatanna decided that she couldn't wait anymore, she needed answers.

Zatanna: "Have any of you heard from (Y/n)?"

Zatanna struggled to look at Canary and Green Arrow's faces as they helped her down the stairs. Neither wanted to break the news to her that (Y/n) and his agents were missing along with the entire Team.

As the group exited the tower it suddenly vanished. Zatanna got the strength to stand on her own as the groggy state she had been in upon waking up was over, though her body still ached.

Zatanna: "Guys, what aren't you telling me?"

The Green Arrow and Black Canary shared a glance at each other before deciding to break the news the best they could.

Green Arrow: "(Y/n) found a way to the Warworld, how, we don't know. He managed to bring four of his agents with him and together they took down Mongul and handed him over to the Team."

Black Canary: "Apparently when they arrived in the hangar to dock with the bio-ship, Mongul opened up a boom tube and almost everyone fell in. Blue Beetle was the only one to escape."

Zatanna: "So where are they? Do we know?"

Green Arrow: "At the moment no, we don't. Captain Atom has the League guarding the Warworld's key chamber in shifts. We're on our way up there now. You should check in with Nightwing at the warehouse, he may have found something."

Black Canary: "Go get some rest Zatanna. We'll call you the second we find something."

*At the Warehouse*

Nightwing sat alone in the Warehouse looking over evidence he collected from the hangar.

Nightwing has now figured out that Blue Beetle is under the control of the Reach. Thanks to a press conference by the Reach Ambassador where he announced to the world that Blue Beetle saved Earth from the Warworld.