Chapter 33: War

3rd Person POV:

Moments before the power outage, Nightwing and Rocket successfully dealt with the hostage takers and freed the captive students.

The two were running through the halls, looking for (Y/n) and Zatanna. They hoped to find their friends and worry about Ivan later, however they wouldn't have the luxury of finding either. Gunshots rang out from the courtyard. Rocket and Nightwing rushed to the window and carefully looked down to see three large trucks with dead sepratist soldiers scattered throughout the courtyard.

Rocket: "What happened? T-there was barely any gunfire."

Nightwing was the first to notice a Hunter walking out of the building opposite to them. He quickly grabbed Rocket and pulled her away from the window.

Nightwing: "Listen! When I went with Wally and (Y/n) to rescue Zatanna, (Y/n) almost lost it and used a bunch of what I think are mercenaries to raid Savage's facility. One of them is down there now. They're just as skilled as (Y/n) and way more violent than him."

Rocket: "What?!"

Nightwing: "I don't know. I think there's more to it than that but for now just stay out of sight. We've got to find (Y/n) and Zatanna."

Rocket: "Found them."

Rocket pointed back to the courtyard where the two saw an unconscious Zatanna and (Y/n) being thrown into one of the trucks with their hands and feet tied.

Surrounding the trucks were seven hunters and Ivan. Who was also being loaded into one of the trucks, though he seemed to be cooperating with the Hunters.

Nightwing: "See the one with the bloody handprint on his mask. That's Crimson, the leader."

Rocket: "Right so I take it we can use our powers now... or I can at least, cause you know, you don't have any."

Nightwing: "Thanks for reminding me. We'll need to be fast. These guys are incredibly skilled. Stay out of sight, I'll signal when I am ready for you to attack."

In the truck commandeered by the Hunters, (Y/n) was the first to wake up.

His eyes drifted to Zatanna's unconscious, tear stained face. She seemed to be slightly shaking in whatever dream she was experiencing. (Y/n) reached out and pulled her up against his chest so that her head wasn't resting on the floor.

(Y/n) turned his gaze to Crimson who entered the back bed of the truck and closed the flap of the encompassing tarp behind him.

Crimson: "How cute. I'm surprised she survived the bullet. Your armour's better than I thought."

(Y/n): "What the fuck are you doing here?"

Crimson: "It's simple really. I'm acquiring power. As a scertian agent once said... The only things that matter now are power and control. You, your way is done, but me. I'm just getting started."

(Y/n): "I killed the last guy who said that. You sure you want to follow in his footsteps?"

Crimson: "It's a shame you couldn't save Kelso. Dr. Kandel says she was like an older sister to you."

(Y/n): "You stay the fuck away from Kandel!"

Crimson: "I'll let you in on a little secret. You won't be able to keep any of them safe."

Zatanna gasped as she woke up. She tried to sit up but (Y/n) held her down. Crimson laughed as (Y/n) held Zatanna and tried to comfort her as she held back her cries of pain.

After Crimson punched her wound several times it had begun to bleed again.

Crimson: "No spells... I have hostages in the other trucks and if you try anything they'll all die."

Young Justice: Directive 51 (Male Reader X Young Justice)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara