Chapter 92

The next day Miriam and Merlin were reunited with their mother.

Miriam had tended to Isolde, the girl fine as her wounds were free of infection as she slept.

Both Miriam and Arthur were in for a surprise though when they learnt that Merlin had told Guinevere to seek shelter here, the girl glad to see her friends again, but the joyful reunion was cut short.

For that night Agravaine found the village.

Their growing group, now involving Guinevere, made their way into the woods as Agravaine's men chased them.

"Go! I'll cover our tracks!" Miriam urged as she pushed them all forward.

"Mira, no!" Arthur said as he grabbed her hand.

"I'm calling for help and the others mustn't see. Go, Arthur!"

And they ran off as Miriam looked to the sky and the language of the dragons rolled off her tongue.

She couldn't help the smug smile on her face knowing that Agravaine and the men that raided her home would be left to the mercy of Kilgharrah.

So as the dragon created a distraction, Miriam and Merlin led the group through a set of tunnels, tunnels they grew up playing in, tunnels that Miriam at least remembered.

"I thought you said you lost them?" Arthur asked his wife as they heard the sound of footsteps behind them.

"I thought I had," she replied.

"It won't take them long to catch up to us," Tristan noted.

"I'll go back," Merlin volunteered.

"What are you going to do?" Arthur questioned.

"Create a diversion."

"It's too risky," Arthur replied.

"Precisely why I'm going with him," Miriam piped up and Arthur was even more against the idea.

"Oh, no. no. Neither of you are going anywhere."

"We know these tunnels and Agravaine doesn't. keep going and we'll catch up to you," Miriam promised as she handed him her torch.

He held his hand out to Merlin, who grasped it firmly.

"Don't do anything stupid."

"Me?" Merlin chuckled before running off as his sister kissed her husband.

"I'll be back before you know it," she promised before running after Merlin.

"Ready?" he asked his sister as they peered around the corner to see the light of Agravaine's torches approaching them.

She smirked.

"So ready."

And they ventured out towards the light.

******************************************************************

"Fancy seeing you here, Agravaine," Miriam bellowed loudly before taking off as Morgana's right-hand man chased after them, the siblings deliberately leading them to a dead end.

His chuckle was smug, condescending as they cornered the siblings.

"If it isn't the Lady Miriam. The Queen of Camelot has been looking for you, you and your husband. Where is Arthur?" Agravaine asked.

"He could be here, he could be back in Camelot, maybe Ealdor, I can't quite seem to remember," she mocked and Agravaine drew his sword.

"Tell me where Arthur is, or I'll have to kill you."