◾Chapter - 2◾

*Chloe*

"Chloe?" Mom's voice booms through the house. I quickly run downstairs. She usually doesn't call me downstairs while she is leaving for work. But when she does, its bad... like real bad for me. Either I'm getting scolded or grounded. I just hope its not the later.

"Yes mom?" I stand on the bottom stair waiting for her to answer.

"Give me your keys." She extends her hand.

"Keys? What keys?"

"The house keys and your car keys." She deadpans. And here we go. Thanks Life.

"But mom... I said I'm sorry."

"Yeah I know baby, but this time I can't let it go so easily. You are to be taught a lesson."

"I promise I'll be a good girl. So good that this year I'll be on the top of Santa's Good list." I give her those puppy eyes. But right now, my mother has her serious Sheriff face on and I know better than to argue.

"Fine..." I sigh hand her the bunch of keys.

"Good. Now, don't even try to sneak out through the window if you don't want the grounding to last longer than expected." She warns.

"You're so mean." I say dramatically.

"Thank god I'm not taking away your phone and laptop young lady." With that she closes the front door and locks it from the outside. Is this even legal... Locking your child alone at home. What if a fire breaks out and I suffocate and die.

Okay fine, I'm being a bit dramatic, but not letting me meet my best friends is a bit harsh. Anyways, Mom does what mom does. The good news is, I still have my phone, laptop, and my music system.

I look through the window and see Reece lying on his bed. Shirtless. I take my merry time to check out the heavenly creature. I mean who would wanna miss that? Oh, and did I ever tell you I have this huge crush on him since junior year.

Don't judge me okay? It all happened so fast. No, haven't told him, but Tris definitely knows. It didn't even take 24 hours for him to put two and two together. Day one I realize I am crushing on Reece. Day two, Tristen comes barging into my room saying, "You have a crush on him don't you?"

*Bling* My phone's chime snaps me out of my blissful daze.

King: Done checking me out creeper?

What the hell. When did he look at me. God, I'm so stupid.

Me: I wasn't.

King: Wasn't checking me out or Wasn't done checking me out.

Me: Shut up King. I was just looking at the bird sitting on your window ledge.

King: A bird? Really Miha?

Oh god not that nickname again. It makes me feel stuff. Not like that you dirty mind. Like tickles in my stomach.

Me: Yes there was bird.

King: Yeah... whatever helps you sleep at night.

My phone start ringing again. I look up from the screen to see him standing by the window. "What?" I say.

"Lunch at Rosie's at 2. You me and T." He smirks.

"Can't... mom put on house arrest." I give him a sloppy smile.

"No, she didn't" He laughs.

"Shut up asshole. Its not funny." And like the ass he is, he starts laughing harder.