◾ Chapter - 16 ◾

*Reece*

The crowd once again erupts with cheers of excitement as I land my last punch on my opponent's jaw and he falls down unconscious.

I've been at the Arena for the entire night, fighting with random people. I thought it would help. But all the adrenaline is making it worse. Its like its fueling my anger. I know I have no right to be angry. But I am; at myself. And honestly, a part of me is angry at Eve as well. For leaving me. For just simply walking away. Not even bothering to put up a fight.

Apart from the self loathing, she is only thing on my mind since last few days.

I hate myself for doing what I did to her, but I understand that she left for the best. No matter how much I deny it, Tristen is right.

This place holds too many bad memories for her. There are good ones too, but they were all related to that one person who was taken away from her. So, can't blame her for putting her past behind and starting fresh. To be someone new.

I just hope, that someone new forgives me when the time comes.

"Where the fuck have you been all night?" Tristen yells as he finds me in green room.

"Here." I reply not really looking at him.

"Your mom is worried sick. At least give her a call."

"I will." I say dismissively and head to the bathroom.

"Reece.. " Tris calls as I'm about to close the door.

"What?" I step out lazily.

"I'm sorry man. I know its hard for you as well. I shouldn't have said all those things." He apologizes.

"Its okay Tris... you had to get it off of your chest. It's hard for both of us. But its us who have to look out for each other." I smile at him and he instantly embraces me in a bear hug.

"I miss her dude."

"Yeah... me too."

After the bro moment... we both head home, where my mom is. The moment I step in through the front door she begins rambling about how irresponsible I am and Blah blah blah.

I mean like dude... I'm 18 turning 19 in 2 weeks. I know how to take care of myself and I sure as fuck know how to keep myself safe. After what seemed like hours, the house was silent. So, I finally man up decide to go to her place.

I miss her scent, her laugh, her not so funny jokes, her voice. Her.

The moment I switch on the lights, tears start to well up in my eyes. But I refuse to cry. I will not cry. I have to stay strong.

Everything in her room is just the it was. She did not take anything with her. Not even the picture we clicked on the last day of high school. Well, I guess she really wanted to start fresh. Though her strawberry/ Vanilla like scent lingers in here. Like she just came out of the shower, dancing around to the music.

Oh her diary is still here.

I walk up to the desk, grab it and leave for my house. Lying on my bed I open the first page, only to be greeted by the neat and curvy handwriting. Not bothering to read the first couple of entries, I jump to the last one. Reading them only bring back memories of us and trust me that's the last thing I need right now. 3 am in the morning, and memories of a girl you started falling for... are not the best combination

14st June, 2021

Wait... that's the day of her mom funeral.

Dear Diary,

I said my final goodbyes to her today. It hurts... It hurts really bad. I never imagined I'd have to live without her. That I'd have to come home everyday knowing that she wouldn't be there in the kitchen sipping her coffee and going through her case files. Guess that's just life. Ruthless, painful and a loop of never ending suffering. But something else happened today... I found out why my dad abandoned me or more like why he let me go.

I'm happy I know it now, nevertheless the part that I'm not happy about is, that all along, Reece knew about it and he never told me. He's know it since Alice's Birthday party. I know its not fair of me to be mad at him. He just did what my parents asked of him. But I just do. I mean its supposed be us three. No secrets no matter what. I know him well, and trust me, these all these days that he hid this from me, were the most painful days for him. He would gone through an endless torture just because he had to do this to me.

He's an arrogant ass, who literally doesn't know how to deal with stuff. However, at the end of the day he is still me best friend, someone who has always had my back no matter what. So for that, I will never give up on him. To be honest I can't give up on him. He's too involved in my life. And letting him go would mean, letting go a part of me that I never wanna be without. Hope he feels and does the same.

But I let you go. I let go off that part of me that could have kept me sane. Who could have saved me from that suffering all along.

With teary eyes, I just stare out of the window, until sleep takes over and spares me for a couple of hours from the pain.

*****

I know I said I'd reveal Jacob in this chapter, but I wanted to tell Reece's side of the story. How he is holding up with everything. He's in a pretty bad shape. Comment your view about the chapter.

P.S. I want Obx 3, New song from WDW and their tour dates and a ticket to Miami.

▪ Peace ▪