◾ Chapter - 38 ◾

*Chloe*

"Say girlfriend." Reece smiles as we pull into the garage of the château. "What are you doing tomorrow?" 

"Nothing, if not with you." I shrug and step out of the car. 

"Good. I'm taking you out for dinner." 

"As in a date?" I wiggle my eyebrows at him.

"No. Not a date. But just a dinner. I've planned something else for our first date." He smiles proudly. Reece, always lived up to his playboy image, back in high school. Now, watching him do these things; planning a date, taking me out for dinner, just makes my heart flutter. I'm so lucky to be able to call him mine.

However, I won't let him take it this easy without being the 'drama queen' I am.

"Yeah... we'll see about that. Maybe I am busy in the evening." I try to keep a straight face but fail miserably. 

"You're so dead, Martinez." I start running across the lot and he chases after me. Its not long, before he catches up to me and the next think I know, I'm being thrown on his shoulder, and carried inside. 

"Reece, put me down." I laugh and hit my hands on his back.

"You wish." He laughs with me. My giggles and shrieks, fill the air inside the house, as his laughter accompanies us to the living room. Suddenly, everyone in there goes silent and looks at us. Reece puts me down and I wave at them.

"Hi guys, how were your trips." I say trying to hold back my giggles. 

"FINALLY." The girls squeal, making the boys and me cover our ears. "You better tell me everything." Ash chimes, pulling me into a hug. Seconds later I feel a lot of arms wrapped around me. Group hugs. I always love them. 

The sound of someone's phone going off, causes us to pull back, I look at Reece, to see it was his phone. "I gotta take this." He says and walks into the hallway, while the rest of head to the kitchen. Dad, Uncle Alex and Aunt Val, just boarded their flights, so they'll reach NYC by tomorrow morning or afternoon. Moments later, he comes back with the biggest smile playing on his lips. 

"What is it?" I ask.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go right now. I'll se you tomorrow evening?" He says, pulling me to himself. 

"What do you mean? Where are you going?"

"Well that's a surprise for tomorrow." He smirks and pulls me in a kiss. I smile next to his lips and then let him go. 

"Tris, lets go." He says.

"Tris too?" He nods and with that, they both leave, after I give Tristen a hug.

=*=*=*=

"I'm so proud of you kids. I can't thank you enough for doing this." Dad smiles at all of us. He's just going through all the packages we brought back. 

"That's okay old man. We had fun." Jacob smirks, looking at Ella, who just turns the darkest shade of pink. 

"I hope not too much fun." I whisper between both of them, earning a head smack. Everyone bursts into laughter except for Jacob. 

"You just came back. Maybe you should rest a bit." I say to my dad once, everyone has left. 

"Yeah, maybe I should." He yawns, while keeping the packages into the vault, behind the portrait of mom and him. On his way to his room he ruffles my hair, making me laugh. 

I too head to my study, to work on something. While I was gone, I received an intel about Andres, recruiting more people in his gang. Right now, I don't know how many or for what, but I will find out soon enough.