◾ Chapter - 5 ◾

*Chloe*

Okay... this is enough. Now its irritating me. If I said something, so out of all people he should understand that I was drunk. Drunk people speak bullshit all the time. 

But what if you told him about your little crush Chloe?

No way... that's not possible. Wasted or not, I have always know what to say and what not to. And even if I did, that's know reason to shut me out for 3 days. We can talk about it, like two civilized people, having a conversation. 

Something's definitely wrong. No matter what, Recce never denies my calls. He always texts back, even if it's with a poop emoji. 

Texting him one last time wouldn't hurt though.

Fine, with the last shred of self respect I have left I'll text him. But wait, my last shred of self respect was stripped off the day I befriended those two morons. Assholes.

Me: Hey... For god's sake Reece, stop ignoring me. If its about me saying something after the party, then we can talk about it plz.

I wait for at least 10 minutes. Frustrated, I'm about to storm out of my room, but my phone chimes. The bastard sent me a photo. 

At least he replied.

King: 

Thank god he's not mad at me

Me: Where you going duck face? 

Before he can reply I hear trucks pulling into our street. Seems like the new neighbors are here. The front door opens and I hear my mom greet some people.

"Chloe..." She calls for me. 

"Coming mom." You don't wanna reply King, then don't. But I'm gonna find out what's up with you.

I skip down the stairs to find a woman and a man in there mid 30s and a girl with long red hair and big light brown eyes sitting on our couch.

"No no, this neighborhood extremely safe and- Oh, that's my daughter, Chloe." My mom says as soon as her eyes fall on me.

"Hey everybody." I wave at the couple, and the girl. The elderlies just responded with a nod.

Rude. 

But the girl waves back with a small smile. So I go on and sit beside her on the other couch while mom falls back into a conversation with Mr. and Mrs. a stick up our ass.

"Hi... I'm Scarlett Anderson." She extends her hand for me to shake. "Sorry about my parents, they are just not very social." 

"No that's okay... New place does that to people." I shake her hand with a smile. "I'm Chole... Chloe Martinez."

"Eve... you home..." Reece's voice booms through the front door. 

"Yeah, coming." I shout back. "C'mon." I walk to the front door and Scarlett follows me. 

"What do you want King." I raise an eyebrow. 

"I know, I've been an ass. But...- Hello, and who are you gorgeous?" And here we go again.

He pushes past me and meets her halfway. "Hello to you too Reece." I roll my eyes as he talks to her like the charmer he is and kisses the back of her hand. 

"Um okay... that's enough of introduction for today." I pull him back, while Scarlett looks at us like we are some kind of aliens. 

"Hey Chlo..? You didn't tell me you were moving out..." Tris comes in. "Um.. Hi, I'm Tristen. And you are my next door neighbor. Right?" Tris smirks and I swear to god Scarlett's cheeks turn pink. They shake hands and instantly fall into a conversation. 

I take the chance and pull Reece towards the backyard. "I'm sorry?" We both say in sync. 

"Wait, I'm sorry for being an ass to you for these couple days... Why are you sorry Eve?" He chuckles.

"I'm sorry because I thought you are being an ass because of something I said at the night of the party." I ramble.

"No Miha... I'm not mad you. C'mon... nothing you say can be infuriate me." He laughs.

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment." I join him.

"No.. Seriously, we cool?" I ask.

"No.. you're cool, I'm hot." He smirks. 

"Shut up asshole." I smack his arm. But he grabs my wrist and pulls me into a hug and I return the gesture. "You scared me Reece. I thought I did or said something to upset you." I sigh in relief in his arms, just breathing in his scent. The amount control this boy has over me and my emotions, scares me sometimes. 

"I'm sorry Eve. I just want you to know that, I'll never be mad at you. If I'm a dick to you its because I have something on my mind. I just need time to sort it out." He whispers the last part.

"Then talk to me. You know the rules, non of us have to go through anything alone." I pull back and look him right into the eyes. He mumbles something under his breath, I let it go, not wanting to push him further.

"C'mon... lets go inside." He smiles and we both walk back to the living room. Tris is sprawled all over the couch, watching god knows what and Scarlett in nowhere to be seen. 

"Anyways... why did you send that picture." I ask him.

"C'mon... you don't know... that's my we're all good face." He chuckles, while I shake my head in disbelief. 

"It was more like a duck face." 

"Yeah... I saw the text." He snorts

"Where's Scarlett, Tris?" I grab a couple of soda drinks for all of us.

"She said she had to unpack, but she'll come back for movie night some day." He smiles proudly.

"That's progress." Reece teases. 

"Yeah... I wouldn't have to third wheel between you guys anymore." He fires back, earning a smack across his head from me.

"What?" Amused with my reaction, Reece asks. 

"Non of your business King." I try to hide my blush with a glare but fail miserably. 

"You are so dead." I whisper to Tristen, to which he shrugs and continues watching whatever the fuck he was watching. 

*****

Ladies and gentlemen... the guy in the above picture is my murderer. So please call 911 and tell them that he made my heart stop. His Name is Daniel James Seavey. 

So... Did you guys like it? Let me know your thoughts about this chapter.  Or how I can make it better. Suggestions are always welcome. 

◾ Peace ◾