◾ Chapter - 12 ◾

*Chloe*

"Hey you okay?" Tris asks as I wrap my hands for the fight. 

"yeah.." I lie, avoiding eye contact with him. I just don't wanna talk about my feeling right now. I just wanna focus it all in one emotion. Anger. Nevertheless, he walks up to me and embraces me in a warm hug.

"I know you're not." He whispers. No matter how sick I am of crying, my tears just won't stop. Every time someone says something like that I start crying like a 5 year old. And it disgusts me.

"At least now we know the truth" He wipes off my tears and gives me a small smile. But I shake my head.

"There's more to it. He is still hiding something from us." 

"What do you mean? Reece is still not telling the truth?" He questions, anger returning in his voice. He is as pissed as I am. I wouldn't be surprised if he punches the shit out of Reece tomorrow. Not like he doesn't deserves it.

"No... its something that even Reece doesn't know... or at least I like to think that." I nod. "Well... we'll worry about that later. Now lets go out there and kick some butts." I smirk and we both make our way to the cheering crowd. 

Time for some action baby.

=*=*=*=

It feels weird to get into the house at 2 am through the front door. By now... Reece, Tris and I would be climbing the tree to my room. And then I'd sneak into the kitchen to get us some snacks. And the hell I'd get if mom would wake up. 

Holy shit I miss that. 

Dropping my gym bag at the door I walk to the kitchen not thinking about the amount of noise I'm making. It feels weird but at the same time it pains me. I miss her... I miss her so much.

"How was the fight." I jump out of my skin at his voice.

"Holy shit." I put a hand over my racing heart. "You scared me." He laughs at that. He then grabs the first aid kit from the drawer and pulls out the rubbing alcohol.

"I'm fine... I can do that on my own." I take a step back. But he gives me the same look mom use to wear while cleaning me up. So I just take the island stool and sit in front of him. 

"Whenever your mom use to complain about you getting into fights I'd always tease her. I 'd say She's your daughter Celia.... like mother like daughter." He chuckles making me smile to myself.

"Mom was a fighter?" 

"One of our best" He says proudly. 

"And she'd would lecture me about me being like you" I look at my hands in my lap, remembering her words. Her lectures. "Eres como tu padre, Cloe." She'd say. 

"You are." Dad grabs my chin and cleans the wound on my forehead. "Your coping mechanism for anger is just like me. You snap, lash out, You break things. But when it comes to grief... you are just like her. You push away every single person close to you. Even if means you'll alone after you get through it. You don't want them to see you in a vulnerable state." I just look at him dumbfounded. He really knows me well. Or should I say mom told him everything well.

"Go get changed... I'll fix you a sandwich." He pats my head and I leave for my room. Maybe he is not as bad as I thought he was. 

The late night dinner was silent. After finishing up, as I'm about to head back to my room, when dad calls after me.

"Chloe... there's something else we need to talk about. Is it okay we talk right now or Do you wanna go to bed?" He asks

"Nah... now is fine... I probably won't sleep." I shrug and sit down. 

"Umm... I was thinking... if you were alright... then you may come with me back to NYC. I know its a lot to ask, but I can't leave you alone here, not after what happened. Its not safe. Also... we've got our entire family back there, your cousins would be so happy if you'd come." 

"I have cousins?" I ask in pure shock. Dude... I have a huge ass family and I never knew about it. That's the one thing I'm not happy about. Mon never told me anything about about my dad's side family. I knew they were close.. but she just wouldn't tell me anything.

"Yes..." He chuckles at my expression. "They are your uncle Alex's kids. Ashley and Blake. Though both of them are older than you, something tells me you'll get along pretty well." He smiles and I nod. 

"Tell me more about... um.. our family." I say hesitantly and his eyes snap at me with excitement. If I'm going to consider staying with them, might as well know them. After mom, there are too many memories in this house for me to handle by myself. If it wasn't for him I was thinking of moving out myself. A couple of week I could have lived with Tristen or Reece and then in the dorms at the college. 

"Well, Your uncle Alex is my older brother. His wife's name is Valeri. They have two kids, twins to be precise, Blake and Ashley. You must have met Val at the hospital and then at the funeral today." The lady who told me to say goodbye. Damn she was beautiful. Brunette hair, blue eyes, perfect body shape... she looks way too good to be a mother to two kids. Who are older than me.

"She's in the gang?" 

"Yeah... we all are. She looks after the accounts and the communication and shit." He laughs and for the first time in the past 7  days I laugh. Like a real one. Not forced, not fake... but real.

"Then there's us. You, me and- and your mom. Your grand dad died when you were just a little bean in your mom's tummy. Trust me, he would have loved you so much. He was old and cranky but he'd have spared no chance to spoil you." He smiles at that and I smile back. Its good to know that I would have had someone to spoil me. 

"What about grandma?" The moment those words are out of my mouth, his body language changes. He stiffens in his seat. My old man clears his throat before speaking. 

"She was never a big fan of dad's lifestyle. They were young and stupid when they had me and Alex. One day she realized that she wasn't ready to raise a kid at such a young age let alone two. So she left. Without a word, she just disappeared. I was three I guess and Alex 4. Dad brought us up all by himself... He was our mother and father. 

So don't even think for a minute that I'd abandon you knowingly. That it had something to do with you. I know what it feels like to grow up with an absentee parent." He holds my hand from across the island and I nod. 

I feel bad for him. Because I know what he must have been through. The anger and the pain. The torture from the people around him. All the birthdays he'd have missed his mother on... just like I missed him. But you know what they say... When life gives you another chance... don't let it go.

"Wait... if uncle Alex is the elder one, then how come you inherited the gang." He laughs at my question. Not in a mocking way.. but as if remembering a memory, his green eyes sparkling with humor.

"Alex never wanted the gang. Its not like he wasn't a part, but he just didn't want all the responsibility. Me on the other hand was a sucker for a life like this. The action, the bullets, the bad ass mafia vibes... thrilled me. Just like you and your friends. So when the time came I stepped up as my dad's heir." He explains. 

We both spend the night talking about his life back in New York. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. It was really nice talking to him and it perfectly served its purpose as a distraction for me. Distraction from all the pain and torcher I'd be going through in my room all alone, crying my eyes out. 

I guess moving to New York won't be a bad idea after all. 

*****

Hey guys... how's everybody doing? I hope good. Well what do ya'll say, should Chloe move to nyc with her dad or should she stay? I think she should go with her dad. Coz sometimes change is good, its necessary. 

Let me know in the comments about ur opinion.

Ps. I had a very boring day... I just laid in my bed doing nothing but updating my playlist. I didn't even felt like writing. I was literally on power saving mode. LMAO.

▪ Peace ▪